I thought it would take longer

I think I just got a postive pregnancy test I knew that there was a chance to happen but it only took one time WOW well I am excited but I have a problem I just switched jobs so medical doesnt hit for another 75 or so days and I dont want to do the medicaid thing but I dont know what else to do

Christiansmom06

Asked by Christiansmom06 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• why do you not want to do medicaid?
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 5:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I dont know I always feel like I am taking away from people who really need it that is why I stopped be a Stay at home mom and went to work times were getting hard and DH was doing his best but were on track now but I have to have medical
    Christiansmom06

Answer by Christiansmom06 at 5:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• We are ttc and are insurance doesnt pick up for another month and a half.... If I need to, I will get on medicaid untill our insurance kicks in but the doctor usually doesnt want to see you until your 12 or 13 weeks along. Atleast thats how my obgyn works.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Oh and I forgot to congratulate you so congrats :)!!!! Also, any helpful tips on how you got pregnant so quick, besides the obvious?
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 5:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Hey medicaid is for people like you who work hard but just need a little help to cover their rear ends when times are tough!!! We have always paid for health insurance through my hubbies work ( we are lucky enough to have it available) but my sons were born prematurely and had to go in the NICU for a short time. Man was I ever glad we were on Medicaid!!!! It would have been a 40,000 $ bill!!!!!! My insurance paid for most, but Medicaid picked up the rest. I only qualify when I'm pregnant but I always get on when I am preggo. Don't feel bad! It's your tax money and that's what it's there for!!! No shame in that.
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• nothing wrong with temp. medicaid... sometimes it can take a while to get, which would make it not worth it. I would not rule it out.

Are there any free centers that will do an initial prenatal visit or ultrasound? You may want to know in case you start getting a little crazy waiting to see the Dr. in 3 months. Good luck.

With me we wanted to try for baby #2. We literally had sex once unprotected... did some finance reviews, and decided that we needed to wait a year. Well, it was too late by then. Things can happen on the first try.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008