Bottle at bed time

Ever since my daughter was about 2 months old she wouldn't let me hold her and feed her. She would cry and try to wiggle out of my arms. So I would prop her bottle. Which put her to sleep. She will eat her bottle then doze off. Now it seems the only way I can get her to sleep is with a bottle. And I'm scared she's going to use food as comfort. She will be 7 months the tenth.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My step children both have baby bottle tooth decay because of this, and the 6 year old had to have his top teeth pulled because of it, and the 3 year old needs to..........
    Stop doing it now!!! When baby is tired, baby will sleep!!!!
    Anonymous

• My son is the exact same way and we are having difficulties trying to get him to sleep without the bottle too. He's also seven months but I'm so worried about the tooth decay too so when I put him to sleep I just give him a bottle of water instead of formula and besides the water is good for him while he's teething.
    Anonymous

• When she drinks water she spits it back up... and I really don't want to give her juice at bed time. And she has never taken a pacifier. She never cared for them. When I try rocking her to sleep she cries and cries til I give her, her bottle then she will sleep. Sometimes she falls asleep in her swing. But other than that she won't go to sleep on her own. If I don't give her a bottle she will scream and scream until she gets it. And she has an extremely loud cry, much louder than other babies. And being a single mother, I give in. =/
    Anonymous

• make sure you are watching her the entire time she is eating - so she doesnt choke - and wake her up when the bottle is empty so she will NOT hold milk in her mouth and choke or mess up her gums.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 5:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't have any advice for you. The only way my 9 month old will go to sleep is the boob. And if he wakes in the night, he wants it again.
    NoGirlsAllowed

Answer by NoGirlsAllowed at 6:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• try slowly giving him water around this time if he needs it for bedtime. And you should try brushing his gums and teeth with the right kind of toothpaste. I lost my teeth because of this. Nap times you shouldn't have to worry about like bed time though.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• She doesn't have any teeth yet
    Anonymous

• I can totally feel for you and the need to give in because your so tired, but each time you give in that's just letting her know that all she has to do is cry and she'll get what she wants. I know your tired, I have twins and sometimes I think I'll loose my mind but you have to have a plan and stick w/ it.. Pick a bed time .....bath or wash up..... ,jammies ,book then bottle, music or white noise then bed...She's going to cry because she's pissed you changed the way she goes to sleep so she'll have to learn another way.It doesn't take very long for them to catch on if you are consistant and that's the hardest part.,but it's the only way.... Good luck :-)
    twotwinsmom

Answer by twotwinsmom at 9:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2008