What is the hardest thing you have ever had to go through?

Just thinking about the strength it takes to be a mom and how we go through a lot of different things and always seem to make the best of it, and also just thinking about things that we experience before ever becoming a mom and would love to hear inspirational stories of things that were hard for you to go through and how you did it?

mitchellb

Asked by mitchellb at 8:20 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• 2005 was a pretty bad year. It started New Year's Eve when my grandmother passed away. Then in January I found out I was pregnant, miscarried in March. My bff disappeared in May (mother's day). Her body was found in July not far from her home where she had disappeared. Then I found out why my ds wasn't talking, he was diagnosed with autism. All in a six month period. In the background my dh and I also were having some issues. It all seems like a bad dream now, we have certainly moved on. Although after reading the other's stories, what I experienced was mild.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:51 PM on May. 13, 2011

• Having to tell my little girls that the grand dad they adored was dead, having to pull myself together because I was a total wreck was even harder, he died unexpectedly and know one expected this to happen much less those two little girls who saw him every single day.
    After a few days of chaos, I explained that God had called him to him without giving us a warning, but we would be ok, to keep him alive in their hearts forever. Even sadder was when two years later I had my son, he missed out on a wonderful guy, but I made sure he knew about him in every detail and although he never met him, he knew......

Answer by older at 8:29 AM on May. 12, 2011

• 2008 was an absolutely horrible year for us. It started out with a miscarriage in April. We had been trying for several years and we were so excited about the pregnancy. Then in May my father went on a drunken binge and disappeared for a week. No one knew where he was. I didn't contacted that he was back until a week later. Then my beloved aunt passed away suddenly. I talked to her that morning and that afternoon I had gotten a phone call telling me she had had a stroke and I needed to get home. Then they thought my dh had an aneurysm. (he's fine) Then found out my dd had been molested. Then my oldest nephew passed away in a car accident. Then my godmother passed away unexpectedly Add to all this work problems and it was just a horrible year. But life goes on and we are all doing well.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:39 AM on May. 12, 2011

• That would be the death of my only son, he died at birth I had 2 dd's at the time (now 5 dd's) and they were very young and didn't understand, it still hurts , we should be getting ready to celebrate his 9th birthday but instead we decorate his grave,
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Omg, such horrible horrible things have happened and im truly sorry to each of you, i asked this question as a way to understand life better and see what people go through to make them stronger and now i feel a little terrible asking because its so morbid sounding but im super glad to hear that each of you has pulled together and are able to talk about it and live life without forgetting about it or dwelling on it..... super amazing strong moms here! Thank you for sharing truly i appreciate it.
    mitchellb

Comment by mitchellb (original poster) at 8:45 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I could write a novel ROFL but my life is so perfect now I don't like to dwell in those days. I am so sorry to hear about these tragedies.
    livewell

Answer by livewell at 1:10 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Hardest thing? The death of my son and only child at 22 in 2008 ... he was diagnosed in 2003 (he was 17) with End-Stage Renal Disease (total kidney shut down). During the next 5 years he had several heart attacks, was in many comas, lost the lower half (at the knee) of his left leg, suffered dialysis 3x week which drained him so much he came home and went to sleep.

The last month of his life was spent in the hospital. He was home a week when he passed away. I was the one that did the CPR until the ambulance got here. Plus I had to worry about my hubby who was suffering from a migraine that was giving him seizures, which scared my parents b/c they hadn't really seen it before.

The thing that hurt my heart the most was seeing my hubby sitting the hospital ER room beside our son just holding his hand and smoothing out the sheet they had covering him.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:27 PM on May. 12, 2011