Why is it............

that people deny God until everything in their life falls apart, all else has failed and then they turn to Him for help as their last resort? If they had God in their life to begin with, maybe those things would not have happened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• because god doesnt deny people

you dont thin kbad things wont happen to someone if they believe in god? wow
    Anonymous

• So they will have someone to blame...They haven't figured out the real name would be satan and even them
    Anonymous

• maybe some people don't have to believe in god to have good things happen.
    Anonymous

• I like this question, I considered myself athiest for as long as I could remember. It wasnt until my life took a turn for the best and I realized how blessed I was. Everytime I thought I was going to fall something happened and God never let me fall. Even now, my husband, son and I live at my moms house. I hate it here, but he didnt let me fall. Im thankful that we have a place to stay and a mom that loves us so much! So I guess Im different than others. I started believing after I finally opened my eyes and counted all my blessings! :)
    littleblackrose

Answer by littleblackrose at 5:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• First off I want to say, one has to believe in god in order to deny 'him'. Secondly those who don't believe in god won't call out to 'him' in their time of need. It's like asking the tooth fairy to fix everything. We don't see god as existing so it's ridiculous to assume we will rely on god to fix our problems.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• It is the nature of our human flesh to cry out in time of trouble...when we are face to face with darkness we realize we would rather be face to face with God. Most addicts are this way they do not cry out for help until they are at end of their rope or on their death beds..as a CNA I have seen many ppl die they will have visions of hell and still never cry out. I have also seen ppl have visions of heaven and die in peace. The look of fear on his face I will never forget my grandfather.. he would cry when I left his bed side..he would awake screaming that it was hot and the coal was to hard to shovel over the wall..I prayed over him and sang to him trying to bring him some sort of comfort he was stubborn and never cried out to God. I pray that we all cry out in time of need and in time of JOY but I pray that what ever the reason we just CRY OUT!

TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 6:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I don't think we are puppets. God does not pull our strings. If we have bad things happen in our lives it can usually be traced back to our poor choices. I believe in a "god" but like to take responsibility for the way my life has turned out. That, of course, is a Satanic principle.
    PROGENITOR

Answer by PROGENITOR at 6:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• PROGENITOR you are right I wouldn't say it is satanic principle, we are responsable for choices we make and we are all given free will to do with our lives as we please and then live with the out come of our choices.
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 6:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Not true at all. Most people believe in A god. Another thing is most people I know that are down on there luck have always been religious. I will not blame someone for having a bad time at life because they don't appear to be religious. I know a lot of good, religious people that have the same bad things happen. I also know a lot of not so good people that are living on top of the world. That's just life.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT!!! ITS AS SIMPLE AS THAT. WITH GODS WORD AND THE GUIDENCE HE GIVES US FROM THE BIBLE, THATS WHAT MAY ALTER THE CHOICES ONE MAY MAKE. WHEN YOU KNOW GODS WORD AND LIVE BY IT. THATS WHAT HELPS US. AS SAID ABOVE WE ARE NOT PUPPETS. WHAT KIND OF GOD WOULD PICK AND CHOOSE WHOS LIFE HE WANTED TO FALL APART?
    Anonymous