I've a facebook account which i opened recently but my boyfriend got angry with me because he says he lost his first girlfriend through facebooking(social networking) will you suggest me to close it for the sake of my relationship and his happiness because he went to the extend of dumping me...

liciousMoatshe

Asked by liciousMoatshe at 8:23 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• It's your call - not his.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:24 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I would not close it. He has no right to be telling you what you can or cannot do. I would not want a man in my life who was that insecure and to be honest, what he's telling you smacks of an attempt to control. Be thankful he has dumped you and wait for a man who can trust you enough to allow you the freedoms you should have.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:26 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I personally would not, because he is being controlling and showing that he does not have trust in you. And if he's already dumped you without even waiting to see how you would respond to his request, then he's not worth your time anyway.
    millermom07

Answer by millermom07 at 8:28 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Personally, if he dumped you over that, then he has some serious issues that he needs to work out before he can have a true relationship with anybody and you're better off without him. No man who really loved you & trusted you would try to control your life that way.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 8:29 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Ok, in another question you think he's cheating bcause he has pictures of himself with other girls and now he wants you to close your fb....

It sounds like the 2 of you have a very immature/unhealthy relationship and you both have some living to do before you make commitments
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:33 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Keep your Facebook. Lose the boyfriend.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 8:33 AM on May. 12, 2011

• sounds like he has trust issues due to past relationships so he shouldn't be making it out to look like you will do him the same, I would not delete my facebook just because some other girl did my guy wrong, I would tell him I am not her and I won't pay the price for what she did ,
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:34 AM on May. 12, 2011

• A friend of mine is having this issue and my advice to her was to tell him she was a grown woman and he was not her father.

Answer by gemgem at 8:40 AM on May. 12, 2011

• If they've got such very different ideas regarding use of the internet, perhaps it's time for each of them to find others that share their values.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:43 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Did you add a bunch of overly flirtatious guy friends or ex-boyfriends to your "friend" list? Then yes, you should probably be considerate of his feelings and either "unfriend" those people, or delete the account.

If he has no reason to be concerned about anyone on your friend list, and he's getting upset over nothing, then you should be glad to be rid of him.
    Eek_a_Geek

Answer by Eek_a_Geek at 8:56 AM on May. 12, 2011