If you knew that your OB/GYN performs termination of pregnancies...Would you switch Doctors?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• In some countries ob/gyns are required to know how and perform abortions for their patients. It's just part of the job.
    That being said, no, I wouldn't switch. I'm pro choice, so why would I feel the need to?

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:28 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes. I did switch. I now go to a Catholic practice. It wasn't so much that they performed abortions as much as that was the first question I was asked "If something is wrong with your child are you going to terminate?" To me, how they asked, was just inappropriate. I didn't like how they were viewing my pregnancy I guess, like I could just get rid of it if I wanted.

Answer by JamieLK at 8:30 AM on May. 12, 2011

• No. That would be dumb.

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:25 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes i would for the simple fact that as soon as you get pregnant that is a life ! So my opinion he would be a murderer

Answer by Christy540 at 9:43 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I probably would. There are many reasons; but perhaps the biggest concern would be that if he discovered some abnormality in my pregnancy, he would be more likely to try to pressure me into conforming to his medical standard rather than to my directions as his employer. Doctors work for us and I would not hire such a man to take care of me. There are way too many doctors on the other end of the spectrum.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:30 AM on May. 12, 2011

• No, and despite what others think most doctors don't encourage an abortion because a baby has an abnormality. It becomes a medical option for them when your life is put at risk.

Answer by miss_lisa at 8:34 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I KNOW my OBGYN does not do this, If they did yes, I would switch because I would really question how much their heart is in their job if one minute they can be helping a mom who has complications stay pregnant and then next minute terminate another pregnancy.

Answer by JLS2388 at 9:09 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:05 AM on May. 12, 2011

• No.

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 8:26 AM on May. 12, 2011

• no as long as she was not saying it to me i would not care as its none of my business what she dose with other women

Answer by feralkitten at 8:29 AM on May. 12, 2011