Botox for an 8 yr old?????

wth?????!!!!! I'm so angry! Why is no one doing anything about this CRAZY mother giving her daughter Botox?!

PANZONSMOM

Asked by PANZONSMOM at 8:39 AM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• That is just wrong, the idea of paralyzing a muscle is not good even for adults much less a child!

Answer by older at 8:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I just watched this on GMA and I am so angry !!! The poor little giri. They asked her if she knew why she is getting the Botox ...she said she didn't know Then her Mom fed her the answers---she did'nt like wrinkles! WHAT? Wrinkles? 8 years old. ANd she said it hurts but she gets used to it!
    Her dumb bunny Mother, the fat pig, sits there saying "other Mothers are doing it too and the "Pageant World" is tough...."
    It is CHILD ABUSE!!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:46 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I think that it is totally wrong. Celebrities everyday are sending wrong messages to girls of all ages. Now it's the moms??!! That mom needs serious help!! The poor girl, she will likely suffer her entire life with self esteem issues. Why in the world can't we let our little girls be that--little girls??
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 8:49 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Minnesotanice-I couldn't agree more, it is CHILD ABUSE!
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 8:50 AM on May. 12, 2011

• It was recommended to me for my daughter as a medical treatment to loosen up the muscles in her legs before casting them to deal with some issues she had as a result of her being so premature when she was born and I told the doctors NO WAY IN HELL! I can't imagine doing it for aesthetic reasons in a child (not that a child has anything wrong with them aesthetically) ... don't believe in it for an adult either but at least they have free choice, it's not forced upon them.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 8:52 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I'm having mixed feelings. I am 100% supporter of parents having the right to make medical choices for their children regardless of medical or popular opinion...

That said, I think any mother who would inject her children with possibly toxic chemicals simply so her dimples don't show it makes me question the sanity of the mother.

What angers me more than anything is that this is what people think of when they think about pagents, and frankly, this is the ridiculous and extreme end...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:57 AM on May. 12, 2011

• And----doesn't it disturb you that the crazy Mom sat there on TV with no doubt that she was right to inject her 8 year old with Botox and cause her pain?She seemed to be enjoying the attention! She is a real mental case! And DUMB!!!!!Oh,and fugly. Her upper arms are the size of tree trunks-. Ugh.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:00 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Also disturbing that no one says anything to her face, like it's just plain abuse! That poor child doesn't really understand what's going on! She's just thinking it's ok because mommy would never let her do anything that would harm her, right?! Ugh, so disturbing!
    PANZONSMOM

Comment by PANZONSMOM (original poster) at 9:09 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I haven't watched this on GMA, but honestly, I cannot believe that they found a doctor to do this. He should lose his license, I mean, it's cosmetic, and what 8 year old needs a cosmetic procedure like that? What message is that sending her? She's not good enough like she is! I can see plastic surgery for kids who have disfiguring burns, want to pin their ears back, or other medically necessary reasons like trach scars or such. But this is just ridiculous.

Don't pick on the momma for being fat, I have tree trunk upper arms! I'm fat because I had to be on prednisone for a year, and I am slowly losing the weight, but the prednisone saved my life. I would rather be fat than dead. Fat people have it rough, I have found out, and it sucks to be fat in our appearance obsessed society. That mother being fat is probably the reason that she is botoxing her kid. She is overcompensating! Or something.
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:20 AM on May. 12, 2011

• BTW, here's a link to the article on Huffington post:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/12/8-year-old-botox-britney-campbell_n_860947.html
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:21 AM on May. 12, 2011