I need opinions on Pre Paid Visa cards

Nehemiahsmom

Asked by Nehemiahsmom at 5:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Money & Work

• I used one during my divorce. They are expensive to use, they cost about $10 to load up $100 onto the card. If you can get past the fees, then they are OK
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 5:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Debit? Green Dot? Which kind?
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I wouldnt,they cost just to load money. I just suck it up and use cash or checking.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• some are free to deposit direct deposit,i did that for about a year in highschool,i did not have a checking acct, but I cancelled it after a few months of unknown charges that kept deducting from my account.
    sweetest-sin7

Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 7:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• You didn't say why you wanted one. If as a gift--money is better because the cost of the card. If you need it to budget, you might consider a checking account with a debit card. If you need it because you can't control a checking account---I would try two different checking accounts at two different banks. You have to fund the one with the debit card with a check from the other one---so that way you at least have to think about what you are spending. If you are talking just convenience--get a debit card instead.
    Anonymous

• There are some good ones... upside visa (www.upsidecard.com) a good one is the one you get from HR Block when you do your taxes... You can call and get the personalized one, and is super great... There are a bunch out there... Some really good ones without many fees....

You just gotta do your homework and check out the terms..
    tyree08

Answer by tyree08 at 2:02 AM on Dec. 6, 2008

• try the rushcard

https://www.rushcard.com/
    phillymommie

Answer by phillymommie at 12:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i use the WalMart one, the green dot. I like it. i dont use it for everyday though. i use it for online purchase so stuff like that. so i never have a whole lot of money on it. It does cost to load it, $8 i believe. If you cash any payroll check at WalMart and load it to you car they wave either the check cash fee or the card fee im not sure witch one. Anyways i recommend it i like it and i have never had problems.
    ParkerMommy

Answer by ParkerMommy at 4:12 PM on Dec. 6, 2008