Poison ivy and pregnancy!

ok, so i have always been very allergic to the plant and of course, i came in contact with it! I am 37 weeks pregnant and am wondering if there is anything i can do to get rid of it... all the topical creams never have helped me even put a dent in getting rid of it and i had to do two doses of the zpack before i could get it partially dried up in the past.. it is ALL OVER, including my "girls"... im just afraid that i wont be able to breastfeed for a while when my lil man is born... i need help!!!

1sttimemom2011

Asked by 1sttimemom2011 at 9:04 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• hair spray, it burns but the alcohol in the stuff will dry it out and kill it
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:05 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Try putting bleach or alcohol on the spots a few times a day, bleach will dry it up faster than alcohol..both are safe id say.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:09 AM on May. 12, 2011

• One thing you need to know about PI is that you can "contaminate" yourself with it again. Whatever you were wearing when you got it, get rid of those clothes. If you sat on some upholstered furniture when you had open PI, you need to clean the furniture. You are just getting the plant oil all over your house possibly and re-infecting yourself so to speak, with the stuff. When I had a bad attack, I went to the doctor and they prescribed a cortisone cream, and then I made a paste with the Aveeno oatmeal bath. I just made a thick paste out of the stuff in the packet, instead of dumping it in a bathtub full of water, and smeared that paste on me and covered it up with gauze. That helped it out a lot! Good luck! Find out where it is in your yard and get rid of it!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 9:14 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Best releif is from standing in a hot shower, really as hot as you can possibly stand it for as long as you can stand it. You should get relief for about an hour or maybe a little longer.
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 10:48 AM on May. 12, 2011