How do you know if your water breaks?

Churmusic

Asked by Churmusic at 10:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well either it trickles for a really long while or you get a gush of water which is what I had, but when it breaks you hear like this pop sound (coolest feeling in the world I swear), but trust me when it breaks you WILL know it, no pain or anything except the contractions afterwards lol.
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 10:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• I was asleep and woke up and thought I had to pee. When I stood up I thought I peed on myself and immediately also started having contractions.
    2ndfiddle

Answer by 2ndfiddle at 11:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• You will USUALLY know because you wont be able to stop the flow of fluid as you can with urine. There are occasions when you just don't realize it's your water, my first pregnancy was one of those trickle kind of breaks that only trickled after I'd been laying for a little while and then stood. I thought I was peeing myself cause it was such a small amount and I wasn't having any contractions.
    misty1_sd

Answer by misty1_sd at 11:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• you will just know. i didnt hear any popping sound, but like someone else said, it was like a trickle when i stood up that i couldnt stop. contractions usually, but not always, follows. mine came about 10 minutes later.
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 12:01 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Mine was a flood and it wouldn't stop! Didn't hear any pop though, darnit!
    HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 12:07 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I felt like I had to pee. Got out of the hospital bed and had the overwhelming feeling of I had to pee and I couldn't stop it. I remember be slightly drowzy from the nausea medicine saying,
    "I peed on myself," looked around me and said," nope I think it was my water."
    My mom and sisters laughed at me sooo hard. An then came the contractions. Had my daughter 6 hours later.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 1:39 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• You'll know it just have your bag ready and happy delivery
    jazzymimi

Answer by jazzymimi at 2:32 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• OMG I think you'll know....mine broke with my 4th and last child..it was a gush and it kept doing it!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:16 AM on Jul. 18, 2008