I'm trying to potty train my 3 yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl , help!

i have tried everything! my son goes thru stages one day he'll wera underwear and pee in the pot , hes never poop in it..ugh! ive tried the treat thing ive tried making it a game, ive told him that big boys use the potty...and my 2 yr old she just refuses she will wear her panties and with her i know when she has to go so ill put her on the pot and she says i need a diaper..ugh..i just dont know how or what im gonna do..does anyone have any suggestions?

10monthsapart2

Asked by 10monthsapart2 at 9:19 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have a little competition. Go buy a really cool toy and first one potty trained gets it. Other than that... idk.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:25 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Try putting a cheerio's in the potty and tell him to hit the hole. Just time her every fifteen minutes and take her to the potty.
    Christy540

Answer by Christy540 at 9:34 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Just consistency - don't use diapers anymore, only cotton training pants or underwear. I trained my 3 yo son and 2 yo daughter at the same time and they really got into the competition thing. When one went I would make a HUGE deal out of it, cheering, jumping up and down, clapping, etc. which they thought was hilariously funny and they always wanted me to cheer for them so they couldn't wait to go to the potty.

Answer by missanc at 9:43 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Dont rush them and they will do it. My son was 4 before he was potty trained, he knew how and would pee, but was scared to poop. I would encourage him and give him a sticker everytime he went finally he just pooped and seen that it wasnt scary. He has done good ever since with only a couple accidents. My daughter was 3 and I done the same with her only she always wanted to go, but she just wanted to play around in the bathroom. After she seen how much easier it was to pee and poop in the toliet she was good to go.
    Ashley-England

Answer by Ashley-England at 9:50 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I have boy/girl twins, and I found it easier to focus on one at a time.  My daughter trained first, but since your boy is older I'd start with him. Take a week or two off completely and start fresh. Maybe try a different method at that point and make sure it is positive and fun. Once he's trained it will be much easier to focus your attention on your daughter, plus he might even help with training her.  Also, be aware that the same method may not work for both. GL!

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 10:39 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Poop always comes after pee. You have to be consistent and very patient, please don't ever discipline them for accidents. We used a Potty Chart, put it on the bathroom wall and for each time on the potty she got a check, or sticker, after a certain amount she got a "prize" of some sort, worked like a charm!
    dharmagirl

Answer by dharmagirl at 10:45 AM on May. 12, 2011