What kind of wedding band do I buy???

I am not your average female....I know very little about jewelry. My STBDH proposed last night, and I couldn't tell you anything specific about the ring he got me.... other than I LOVE IT and I'm really impressed with him. And, I know what he told me about it. Its silver (we both very much prefer silver), it has the main stone in the middle, and two smaller ones on each side of the middle stone. And, I know its a carat diamond...whatever that means.
So, now I have to get him a wedding band to match, but I dont know where to begin...there are so many different names for what looks like silver....I'm lost.
I know I want it to be silver, and I want to get it engraved....but what do I need to look for? How much am I supposed to spend? What is a nugget? I really want to make this special...but I'm so lost.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Get white gold. It looks like siver but is higher quality.l
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Buy something you both like together. My DH picked out his ring & it doesn't match mine. I don't think they need to match at all.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:58 AM on May. 12, 2011

• by 'silver', do you mean white-gold, or platinum? you could just buy a simple white-gold (or platinum, if budget allows) band. they have several styles to choose from, some with carving/brushed/diamonds inlaid...just go check them out. most men don't like a lot of showy jewelry..you'd know what your SO prefers, i'd assume. and you know what kind of budget you have.
    they don't have to match, perfectly. also, take into consideration his hand/finger size. if he has small hands, a wider band might not be comfortable. if he has larger hands, he might not notice the thickness and/or a thinner band might look too feminine.
    we went shopping together, and i let ds pick his ring out.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:02 AM on May. 12, 2011

• * dh..* heehee...not ''ds''. LOL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:03 AM on May. 12, 2011

• My ring is sterling silver and I love it!!! Silver is less expensive then gold but it is made really well and it's strong!!! U could get him a plain band,that would match yours. The place u buy it from should be able to engrave it for u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:04 AM on May. 12, 2011

• my dh and i have titanuim matching bands. they look like silver but are stronger and they have a fine gold line in the middle. they werent that expensive either. they are so comfortable!!

http://www.bellomarc.com/titanium-wedding-bands.html?gclid=CMDwk9fN4qgCFZQbKgodaWLUDQ
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:18 AM on May. 12, 2011

• i forgot to say that most jewelry stores carry them now too!
    mykidsmom86

Answer by mykidsmom86 at 10:19 AM on May. 12, 2011

• My husband has a titanium band. His looks similiar to this:

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:28 AM on May. 12, 2011

• black
    YES YES I undersatand YOU What ever its is your situation Always THINK THINK and have a
    ~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Tuesday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:29 PM on May. 12, 2011