UTI in boys?

how do you know if your son has one and what can you do for it besides taking him to the doctor?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:06 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Similar symptoms as a girl. It burns when they urinate, constant feeling that they need to urinate. We have never had a UTI with our boys, but it might be worth it to take them to the doc. I rarely take my kids to the doc, but if one of my boys were to get a UTI, I would probably run them to our Naturpath, or ped if I suspected it. Me and dh are the only ones in our family who have had them. For me, I took pure cranberry extract and grape fruit seed extract and flushed my system with non surgery fluids. My dh is a diabetic and he ended up in the hospital because his got so bad (he didn't have typical symptoms), but he ended up so sick that he couldn't hold food down, then ended up with ketoassidosis. Problem I see, is that I don't know a preschooler who is going to willingly take pure cranberry juice or grapefruit seed extract.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:09 AM on May. 12, 2011