I don't know what else to do

My daughter is 10 yr old now. Since she was like 3 yrs old she has always had this thing about puting her hands down her pants. well i thought she would out grow it. Wrong!! I asked my daughter doctor as she get older would she out grow this, And he said yes it's just a phase. well now she is 10 and she still does it. She only does this when she is sleep. Am I over reacting or is this something that i need to get a second opinion about???

Sweetpea26695

Asked by Sweetpea26695 at 10:27 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Exactly i want to nip it in the bud now!! Thank you!!
    Sweetpea26695

Comment by Sweetpea26695 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on May. 12, 2011

• boys do it ALL the time. i would just stress that it needs to be only when she's alone because like you both said, you don't need boys or anyone else seeing that or it will get misinterpreted or made fun of. with that said though, if she's alone don't make her feel ashamed about it
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 10:37 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Thank You Juliness ! i don't want her to feel ashamed. I just wanted to know if it was something deeper i should look into.
    Sweetpea26695

Comment by Sweetpea26695 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on May. 12, 2011

• This doesn't sound like a problem as long as she knows that it's only something to do in private. If she's only doing it when she's sleeping, I think that's okay. Kids do this because it feels good - it's a normal thing and you are right to not want her to feel ashamed. Just, remind her to keep it private (just like going to the bathroom or changing clothes). And let her know that she can talk to you about it if she has questions or anything... you definitely want to make sure she knows the communication lines are open on anything to do with her privates.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• this doesn't seem to be a problem if she is only doing it when she sleeps kids do this as their bodies start to charge and they go through puberty.
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:22 AM on May. 16, 2011

• @ChristmasIver@Sebbiemama, Thank you for your warm answers. It scares me out f my mind cause she is going through puberty. some people take things the wrong way they are so quick to judge. So thank you for responding.
    Sweetpea26695

Comment by Sweetpea26695 (original poster) at 9:01 PM on May. 16, 2011