Have you ever/do you ever go away alone with your husband?

My mother-in-law is giving us an anniversary gift this summer of staying with the littles while my husband and I go away for a couple of days. We've never done this. We didn't even have a honeymoon or a trip together in the 5 years before we had children...

I am really nervous. I've never left them.

misses_nick

Asked by misses_nick at 10:55 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Travel

• We do every year. We have 2 vacations...one with kids and one without.

Last year we went to Punta Cana and this year we are going to Riveria Maya
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on May. 12, 2011

• We live about 2 hours by car from Puerto Vallarta Mexico and many other beautiful beach resorts..IXTAPA, Manzanillo etc...we pack up the kids and the Nanny and we go often or we leave the kids here with the Nanny and take a weekend getaway close to home : )
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 10:58 AM on May. 12, 2011

• MexTexmom- I love Mexico- Ixtapa is one of the most beautiful cities I have seen. You're lucky to live so close!!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 11:00 AM on May. 12, 2011

• We have once, and it was for 2 nights... LOVED it!!! We should do that more often. :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 11:01 AM on May. 12, 2011

• We have a couple of times - once for a week, and once for 3 or 4 days. It's been a few years though. I could honestly do it again any time if it wasn't so hard to find a sitter for all 4 of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 12, 2011

• We haven't in 7 years. We went away to Curacao for 10 days for our 10th anniversary and my mom and the in laws took care of the 2 kids. Since we've had a 3rd no one will watch all 3 of them. The one time we tried to get away FIL took seriously ill and we canceled the trip ( he died a week later so no regrets there.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• We always take our children with us on our vacations. We enjoy being with them and would miss them if we didn't have them along with us.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• We went on a few trips before we got married and a little honeymoon nothing big But after we had our boys we always do things with them I think I would go crazy if we went somewhere with out them.. lol Im a worry wart
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 11:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes, we always take trips with and without the kids. I remember early on our minister told us that this is not only good for you but for the kids too. It helps them adjust easier to different situations if need be. It gives the kids a vacation, away from the parents. And then the obvious, allows you and your husband to have time together and focus on your marriage.
    dukester050128

Answer by dukester050128 at 4:11 PM on May. 14, 2011