Allergies? What can she have?

My daughter is 10 1/2 months old and seems to be hit with the allergy curse. Her eyes are watery, her nose is just pouring and she keeps sneezing. Is there anything I can give her?

austinsmama1106

Asked by austinsmama1106 at 10:57 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• call her ped...my ds was on allegra at that age
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:58 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Call her doc and ask. Don't ever give a child that young ANYTHING without checking with her doc.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:59 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Nothing OTC. You can ask her doctor, but usually you can't give any allergy meds to a child under 2 years old. But like I said, ask her doc, in some cases they can prescribe something. Most of the time we just have to watch them suffer til they're old enough though - I had to do that with all 4 of mine, our doc wouldn't give them anything since they weren't severe enough.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on May. 12, 2011

• My 1 year old was prescribed singulair?? Worked perfect only took it 3-4 times
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:00 AM on May. 12, 2011

• my oldest has been on singulair and is now on cleartine. (i spelled it wrong) if you're to worried, take her to the er
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:19 AM on May. 12, 2011

• my 6 month old and 2 yr old take benadrel to help them, but call your dr to find out the right amount to give them.
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 11:51 AM on May. 12, 2011

• My dd was taking Children's Benadryl at that age, as needed to help her allergies. But you have to get the proper dosage from the pediatrician's office because it depends on their weight and the bottle only has dosage for kids over 6 or something. Also, it will cause drowsiness so I usually only gave it before bed unless my dd was having a really bad day with her allergies.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:02 PM on May. 12, 2011

• When you talk to the doc, ask about zyrtec.
    mom2the.rescue

Answer by mom2the.rescue at 2:08 PM on May. 12, 2011

• PRESCRIPTION medication. I'm a BRAIN INJURY NURSE and I'm here to tell you DO NOT give her an OTC w/o her doctors approval. You could potentially cause other medical issues w/ her, including brain damage.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:45 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i have a 10 month old with allergies and the doc said to give her 1/4 of a tsp. of benadryl which is 1.25 ml and it seems to help a whole lot i try to only give it to her just before bed time or nap time during the day cause it will make them sleepy
    sabrinab74

Answer by sabrinab74 at 3:36 PM on May. 12, 2011