I'm very frustrated!!!!

Dh had a vasectomy 6 days ago and is having some difficulties. He is swollen to the size of a grapefruit. We've called the dr who performed and the nurse says it's normal. I called and spoke to her (I'm that frustrated!!) and she said she would talk to the dr and get back to me. Still haven't heard anything!!
We have 4 kids 6 and under and I need his help to get things done around here. I feel bad because I get frustrated at him that he's not healing the way most men do. I know this isn't his fault but I'm human and completely run down right now. Help I though I would have this week is not available. Dh is locked out of work right now and the only real income we have coming in is his strike pay and the few hours he puts in at a cleaning job, ei benefits are helpful but not much. He can't go and do his picketing tonight so we're out atleast $200 for that and his other job he can't do today either.
I don't work because I just had a baby (almost 2 months old) and he's had a few minor concerns since he was born that I need to be here for him.
I'm so frustrated, anyone else have a dh who had swelling and pain after a vasectomy and how long did it last??? I NEED him back to normal!!!

AmandaH321

Asked by AmandaH321 at 11:05 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Health

• My husband took about 10 days before he was feeling back to normal; we were concerned because all his friends who had the procedure done were back to normal within a day. He did go back to work after 2 days but he was very uncomfortable. This will make me sounds like a horrible wife but I thought it was just him being a big baby (the verdict is still out on that one ... :P). He never swelled up to the size of a grapefruit like you mention re: your husband. Hopefully, the doc will call back soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 12, 2011