Would anyone be willing to share their weight loss success story?

Hello Mommies,

I have recently set out on a journey to help others lose weight. Health is too important and so many of us struggle with weight. Sadly on yahoo many ask for help, some just give spam without advice, or others give rude comments. I know that hearing others success stories is a great way to motivate. I have worked on a site to help others but I want to add some stories to help others. I am hoping to get a few people to share so I can add your stories to my site, all I can offer though is maybe a link to where ever you like. I would really appreciate it and I think it would be great for others.

Also, if you think this is stupid for me to ask on here let me know.

Thanks,
Melissa

Here is the site I am working on to help others incase anyone is confused

http://www.how-to-lose-weight-help.com

I want to add your success stories here.

lamelslissa

Asked by lamelslissa at 11:23 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• My story is simple. Tried every diet out there and always exercised. Never lost any weight. Tried again under the care of my doctor ... never cheated once, exercised religiously, gained weight (he had my follow the food pyramid, big mistake). Did some nutritional typing, discovered carbs (the white stuff) was like poison to me. Cut those out of my diet, lost 75 pounds without trying and with minimal exercising (light walking), was never hungry (had to force myself to eat). Look up hyperinsulinemia to see how carbs mess with your insulin levels and cause your cravings and make you gain weight. Good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 12, 2011

• well most importantly you have to be motivated and committed. after having my first daughter i lost 80 pounds by her first birthday. however i've had two more kids, youngest being 16 months and haven't lost much weight. the motivation isn't there and i certainly don't have enough time/energy to be committed to it like i was before. the key to my success was truly diet and exercise. i drank only water, lowfat milk, grape juice and coffee. i didn't eat junkfood, except for maybe once a week i rewarded myself with something yummy. i replaced lunchtime meals with Healthy Choice or Lean Cuisines. i ate oatmeal for breakfast almost daily. i took my daughter for long walks almost daily, and after she went to bed i ran nightly.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:29 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I've lost over 60 lbs so far on my weight loss journey (about halfway to my goal), and I'm having my success through eating clean and exercising (primarily running and cycling). I plan my meals to ensure that I eat clean and have food at the ready for when I'm in a hurry. I pack food for work and school. I measure my portions periodically to keep myself in check. I'm not sprinting to lose weight- I'm taking it slow. It's taken me over a year to lose this weight, but it's steadily coming off.

Here are a couple of links to journals I've written about what's worked for me: clean eating and weight loss

musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:39 AM on May. 12, 2011

• You can also check out sparkpeople.com, which is free, and there are great people on there, lots of information, and trackers to help keep you on track. Good luck with your journey! Feel free to PM me if you'd like! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:40 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I once went on a diet and ate alot of fat free stuff, and counted my calories to a T, are no more than 1200 calories a day. And exercised every day doing a 30 min video of step aerobics, and i did crunches for my abs, and did leg raises to tone my legs and hips. By doing that i lost 95 lbs, in an 18 month period. But when i started remodeling my house and started eating out alot, i gradually started gaining my weight back, especially after the birth of my first grandchild whom i babysitted alot. I eventually gained all of my weight back, so now i got to do it all over again.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 6:27 PM on May. 14, 2011