So you think you can dance?

Do any of your kids dance? Have they ever competed in the 5678 Showtime or So You Think You Can Dance? (our oldest is on her way to the Nationals after taking first in both dances they were entered in :)

livewell

Asked by livewell at 11:28 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Congragulations! That's one of my favorite shows!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:39 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Very cool! congrats!
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 12:34 PM on May. 12, 2011

• thanks :)
    livewell

Comment by livewell (original poster) at 1:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I prefer that my children do classical ballet or folk dancing, rather than modern dance. I do not like the showtime dancing style and I am not interested in those televised talent shows. On the other hand, it is a credit to your children that they have the dedication and personal discipline to do so well in their chosen field of dance. Obviously you are a loving family to support your children in pursuing their goals. Do you also have a talent for dance? Your husband? I hope that your children get much pleasure today and in the future doing something so artistic and healthy. If they have some wins then that is a wonderful bonus.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 7:14 PM on May. 12, 2011

• They do classical ballet as well; Atlantic Dance Academy puts on the nutcracker every year, and both my DH and I danced in it as well as every one of our children except our year and a half old (at the time). We (DH and I) also are taking tap dance with our oldest son. We don't even HAVE a TV :-) (although we do watch TED.com talks and occasional movies on a huge computer monitor that is our "TV") This is their first competition, and ADA entered 5 different dances and won first in every one of them, and it's all due to Dina's dedication in turning fickle little children into disciplined dancers...She Is TOUGH!! I know, because I am now taking the Adult ballet and she has this Way of making you WORK harder, just by saying a word. Tonight's class was just me and one other person because of various events, and I am actually sore! She had more energy to focus on me LOL

Thanks for your interest :)
    livewell

Comment by livewell (original poster) at 9:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• livewell

Comment by livewell (original poster) at 2:08 PM on May. 13, 2011