VENT.....how much more can ya kill yourself to look good for your man and he's still gawking at naked women adult content

This is more of a vent than a question......I'm so sick and tired of hearing that its in men's nature to look and gawk at naked women. Here we sit as women, killing ourselves dieting, going thru huge body image issues and trying our hardest to look good. FOR WHAT? It never seems good enough!!! They)men) got posters hangin in the weight room is skantily dressed or naked women, WHO LOOK NOTHING LIKE ME!!!!!! Oh but they tell you they love how you look and that your sexy etc etc etc. How the hell are you suppose to feel sexy and wanted when all they do is look at these women, who most likely havent had kids, or sorry to say are disgusting pigs who take their clothes off, or are wanna be porn stars!! What woman can feel like shes good enough with all this gawking and looking?? I am sooooooooooooo tired of killing myself to look good, only to find the "newest" naked woman hangin on the wall. WTF!!! I'm sorry but for me, my man is it as far as what I lust after. Do I think other men are attractive? Sure, but it doesnt means I am gawking at them all night on the computer or have giant posters hangin around of them either. Then our men sit there and wonder why we have body image issues, when all we are is bombarded with these images of what men think is sexy. I'm sorry but what woman on here is 36DDD-24-36? I am not.....no where near close but I also know I do take care of myself and look good for my age!! Do men know that the average size of a woman today in the US is a size 12? Not the "plastic" images they look at?? So why is it that our men cant appreciate us as much as we do them? I'm just thoroughly fed up with listening to the excuse that" men are visual creatures".....thats a lame cop out for the fact that they can gawk and its ok to!! I am not down with this anymore and am sick and tired of sitting around wondering "if he likes that look, then why the f*ck is he with me".........................sorry so long, I am just at my wits end today with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• You could be the most beautiful creature on the face of the earth and men will still look at other women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I am sorry that your man is a pig. My man thinks I am amazing... I am the most beautiful woman in the world to him. Your statement is a generalization. Why not start looking at naked men and let him see you do that.?? Ignore him.
    Anonymous

• I would go get posters of hot male stars and put them everywhere: bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, living room. All with their shirts off with hot abs then start talking about them constantly, your dh WILL get the picture. And BTW most of those pictures has been air brushed anyway so even they aren't that perfect.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:33 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I am a 34G, so yes we are here. Also, I wear a size 10. I am 5'4" and weigh 152 lbs. I am no where near model size but I don't feel the need to live up to what they look like either.
    My man looks at them and I could care less. He loves my body and while I know I will never look like those women, I will always feel like I do because that is how he makes me feel.

Sounds like you have body image issues with insecurity and your man doesn't help you with that. Maybe the problem isn't your body but your man?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:33 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Well, your thoughts are entirely correct. But, I still feel that a man can be respective and NOT look at that type of stuff around you. There are men out there in the world who do not act that way. And as much as I agree with you, you still have to remember that is the image that media puts out there. It's the image of "what men are supposed to want". So, yes, it's hard for us to live up to those images, if we try, but in order to be a "real man" in this world, it's expected. I say BS and I don't buy into that bull. I have enough respect for myself to say, "ya know what, I don't need it". I don't want it and I don't HAVE to have it. I say, get to know the guy.. do not sleep with him, but really develop a friendship first. You will see those things. Then you don't have anything to lose, you just make a fast exit. But it's my philosophy. You don't need that crap in your life. You can be independent.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:34 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Why are you basing your self worth on the opinion of how you look to a man?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Be the best you can be for yourself not for any man!

Answer by older at 11:36 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Why are you comparing yourself to a picture? That would be like saying your real life is supposed to be like the movies. These pictures are fine for a fantasy or a little escape from reality, but he married YOU. YOU are what turns him on in real life. Has he ever expressed an interest in you looking more like the models in these pictures? Unless he has, then I would say the issue is your own insecurity.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:52 AM on May. 12, 2011

• yes its true
    What ever its is your situation Always THINK THINK and have a
    ~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Tuesday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Vent away Sweetie, this is tough one for all of us. I myself am about as attractive as a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray...at least that's how I feel most of the time!

There's a certain rhetoric in this day and age, eye of the beholder and all that crap and it's what's inside that counts and sense of humor is important blah blah blah, yet we don't see too many pin-ups of Tina Fey out there now do we? And we're ALL supposed to be sexy, that's the old party line, "All women are beautiful in their own ways". What an amazing steaming load of shit that seems like when we're home alone on Prom Night with a gallon of chocolate-chocolate-chip because the dude we liked AND helped get through Calculus asked Betty "The Rack" McGorgeous.

It sucks and it's not fair. My personal revenge is the life-sized standee of Shirtless Jason Statham I put in the corner of our bedroom.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:32 PM on May. 12, 2011