A teacher told me something but I don't get it

Before we had a group presentation we had to fill a form out and write what we think we contributed to the group. We did the presentation and later she handed back out papers...she wrote "your ego is showing". I got an A but don't know if that was a good or bad thing. I wanted to ask her but I felt slow for not understanding. lol :)

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:29 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• She's probably used to seeing so many women short-sell themselves, you probably were confident. I think it was a back-handed compliment. She maybe thought you were thinking too highly of yourself, ignore it. You got an A, you did well.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:28 AM on May. 13, 2011

• "Your ego is showing" is not a compliment. I means that you took all the credit and didn't give any to your partners. PArt of working as a group is playing up the assets of your partners. When you go out and get a professional job, your employers don't want to hear you tooting your own horn. They want to see you working well with others and not dominating them. I think that is what she was saying. Make it less about how great you are and more about how great your group is.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:34 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I would take it as a compliment ... I read it as "confidence".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 12, 2011

• If you feel like it was an attack on your ego, I would just ask. Just say you weren't quite sure how to take the responce and if she could kindly elaborate on what she meant. In this case, it might be a good thing. Maybe she notices you have good leadership skills. A big ego is a good thing when leading others.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 11:33 AM on May. 12, 2011

• im going with its a good thing
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 11:30 AM on May. 12, 2011

• good compliment
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 11:32 AM on May. 12, 2011

• "Your ego is showing" I don't know if I would have taken that as a compliment...with her writing it down, and no facial expressions or voice inflections to let me know she was joking I probably would have taken it the wrong way...the other mama's seem to think it was a compliment but it doesnt really sound like a compliment to me
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

• IT WAS NOT A COMPLIMENT-- IT WAS SAYING --- get over yourself , I WOULD ASK TEACHER WHAT SHE MEANT
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Your ego is showing generally isn't perceived as a compliment. Don't worry about it though. Just keep on getting your straight A's.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:05 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Oh!!! hahaha 'm so slow I didn't get it.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:31 AM on May. 12, 2011