My 13 y/o son has been watching porn on the internet.

We caught my 13 y/o sneaking and getting on the net and watching porn. We locked it down, but he figured out the code. Now I am worried this is abnormal. My DF said he thinks it is normal, but I am worried. What do you think? I'm not concerned with him accessing it anymore on the computer. Already taken care of that part.

sneakyboo

Asked by sneakyboo at 11:38 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• thats actually quite normal at that age to be curious.
    Have a talk with him and put on the Parental blocks
    he's only being a normal curious teenage boy, don't get mad at him. It won't make him stop, it'll just make him be more sneaky about it
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 11:40 AM on May. 12, 2011

• I think since you really can't keep a curious 13-year-old from getting some access to porn one way or another, you need to have a talk with him about how porn paints an unrealistic picture of how real sex actually is.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:43 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Hahahaha, 1000% normal.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:42 AM on May. 12, 2011

• i would do as you did try and make so he cant get to it ,
    now a days i think its probly quite common but i will try to make it not common for my kids ,
    this would freak me out in so many ways.
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:42 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Totally normal. My nephew got caught . He was fifteen at the time. They put Parental bocks up and he couldn't be at home by his self. Every where his mom went he had to go. My sister still don't trust him.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 11:43 AM on May. 12, 2011

• It's very normal for both boys and girls, at that age they are curious.
    KateAbrams34

Answer by KateAbrams34 at 12:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Honestly? Even GIRLS look at it at that age. I know I did. He's probably just trying to see what he likes. That's how you learn about different things and see if they interest you. All you can do is explain to him that sex is not all that the videos make it seem and that you have to be careful and you should love the person. Don't discourage sex and self exploration. Discourage CASUAL, unprotected sex and ILLEGAL forms of self exploration. (like watching porn at 13.) There are lots of ways he can learn what a fetish involves by reading about it instead of watching.
    Anonymous

• Order him a subscription to Playboy. Encourage open/honest communication.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:42 AM on May. 12, 2011

• SWasson-very true...hadn't approached that angle. We have been very open about everything as I am a nurse and I really feel like it's the right thing for me as a Mom. We talk about all the blood, guts, butts and goo too. He has access to some very nice books I bought about the changes he's going through. We read over the books together. It was so cute when he giggled about the masturbation page. I guess I was just worried about the porn online b/c it is so very very graphic. I don't like that he looked at it, but I guess I was curious around that age too. I never got mad at him, I told him I didn't want him looking on my net. Didn't want him looking at kiddies his age and get us adults in trouble for child porn. He said he like the older chicks. Go figure.
    sneakyboo

Comment by sneakyboo (original poster) at 11:55 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Totally normal. I still catch mine sneaking on my comp and they are much older. I try and embaress them about it, but it doesnt work.

Answer by gemgem at 12:08 PM on May. 12, 2011