Not sure how to respond?

Dh is always joking around saying things like wow people must be looking at us wondering what you're doing with me because you're too good looking for me and stuff like that and i always feel lucky that hes constantly complimenting me eventhough sometimes it comes out in odd sideways comments like the one above. But the other day he made an odd comment that i wasn't sure how to respond. We just moved into our home in september so we have been slowly but surely working on some home improvements. Well out of nowhere he says (I guess hes gettin frustrated with the pace that we've been getting things done) "I gotta finish this floor because im starting to get embarrassed for you" so i said what do you mean? He says "Well you're a nurse and you're beautiful you could have "married up" if you wanted to and not have to deal with a house that needs all this work" I just blurted out well i love you and when i married you i wasn't looking at whether it was "up or down" just happiness. So he says "well i guess i'm lucky that you're crazy and blind" lol Well anyway the conversation ended but so what he thinks im a moron for being with him but he's happy about it? Or is this just another one of his "sideways" compliments? I know he loves me and he does have a wierd sense of humor people that don't know him do tend to take him the wrong way. He's one of those big burly irish guys that looks mad all the time but isn't you know the type so what do u think just curious lol

Genice6

Asked by Genice6 at 11:42 AM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• No, he means he is very lucky and fortunate to have someone like you. He appreciates you and it seems he is trying to make/keep you happy.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 11:44 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Take it as a compliment, this is what it is!

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Sounds to me like he was paying you a compliment and possibly fishing for a few of his own. I don't think he meant any harm by it. From this story, it seems as though you two have a cute relationship and that is very desirable! Lots of couples would love to have a relationship like you two do! =)
    MyLilClaireBear

Answer by MyLilClaireBear at 11:49 AM on May. 12, 2011

• He sounds insecure and in disbelief that you are with him. Maybe he's looking for assurance that you love him, and you're not going to leave him for someone better? Next time he says something like that, tell him thank you and tell his sweetness is one of the many reasons you love him and married HIM. Turn it around and tell him how lucky you are that he picked you.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 12:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think it may be a bit of insecurity. He's probably frustrated somewhat. My DH is that "burly" type, but a lot of the time overly sensitive, he makes comments like that sometimes. Just humor him and love him......
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:46 AM on May. 12, 2011

• Sounds good to me guys i'll leave it at that lol
    Genice6

Comment by Genice6 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on May. 12, 2011

• What ever its is your situation Always THINK THINK and have a
    ~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Tuesday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:25 PM on May. 12, 2011

~
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    ¸.•´ (¸.•´ * Happy Tuesday !!
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 12:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• He's either insecure or is mocking you. Either one is annoying.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree with Meand. You could pay him a compliment and then joke right back with him and say "You know, if you keep saying these things, I'm eventually going to believe them."
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 12:45 PM on May. 12, 2011