When did your baby...

start talking other than sayin mama or daddy..mine is 15mnths and does not say very much other than that..i think she can talk but she just decides not to

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It was after a year. I'd say about 15 months before he really started to say more words, closer to 2 when he really started talking to communcate.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• my daughter was 6 months. My son didnt want to talk until he was 1... every kid is different..
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• 7 months. By 12 months, he spoke sentenses. My friends son didn't say hardly anything until after 2. They are both equal in speech now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:24 PM on May. 12, 2011

• ..my daughter, veda, wasn't walking on her first birthday or talking on her second.. but she went straight from no talking to sentences.. literally. she's just turned 3 and she can sing puff the magic dragon in its entirety.. she knows her abcs, her colors, she can even tell me words that rhyme with others. dont worry, mama. they do what they do when they're ready to do it.
    eatapeach

Answer by eatapeach at 12:24 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Hard to say. I'm on my third and he does say some words but not a whole ton. He's definitely talking later than my first, who started at 14 months.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• def closer to 2yrs old. 18months she was communicating more. but now at 2 she says alot more and repeats more and understand so much more. but 15 she understood and pointed and communicated in her own way. i do not really remember exactly how many words but i would say maybe 10 if that many. but i was not worried because boy she loves to talk now. she did it when she wanted to do it. just keep reading to her and point out things to her all the time and just repeat things to her. 15 months is still so little. enjoy the quiet while you have it...lol
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 2:45 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My son was the same way and I was so worried about this... and then literally the week before his 18 month check-up, he started saying ball, heart, star, moon, up, jump, light, on, off, blue, green, etc. Guess that's one less thing I needed to talk to the doc about. :) I know a number of kids who are starting to talk between 18-24 months, and they are doing just fine. If he's not saying much more by 18 months, you can ask the ped about a hearing test.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 2:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It's different for each child. My son just turned a year, and he's not saying too much. He says mama all the time, dada occasionally. He's gotten good with no-no and he's just started trying to say good because I always say good job to him.
    millermom07

Answer by millermom07 at 3:23 PM on May. 12, 2011