Anyone else have these moments or days?

Hi im a new mom to a 2 month old son, and he is a sweet baby and 90% of the time i'm. A caring.nurturing meet all his needs mom, but there are days where im so tired and frustrated that im not as patient i always love him but there are moments i don't like him or things he does that drive me nuts, he is my world and i feel so guilty when im less gentle with him than normal. I've never abused him or hurt him im not depressed or post partum, i just have moments im so tired and frustrated and wonderd if im alone cause i feel that way sometimes...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hugsTake a break to yourself without him, let someone else care for him one day a week or a month you need some time to yourself.....all women do GL you are NORMAL!!!!! :)

buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 12:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i think all moms go through this its normal..just take it slow and try and get a little time for yourself
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:18 PM on May. 12, 2011

• ah, i remember those early days..lack of proper sleep, lack of taking care of You..it happens. you love your baby, but dang..it gets to be a bit much on some days. you're just tired, hon. maybe grab someone to watch him while you run around town, aimlessly doing whatever you want to do, even if its just window-shopping or eating a lunch uninterrupted.
    my 'baby' just turned 6, and there are times i can't wait for Sunday to roll around, when my dh will be home all day, and i can go just leave..to thoroughly wash and vacuum my car.
    i'm so eager to see him @ 3pm when school lets out, its like a jr. high-crush...even though within 30mins of him being at home, i find myself asking 'why can't school last longer?' LOL..

you're normal. just remember to take time for yourself, too, even in small ways.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yup!
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 12:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I went through this today, baby didn't sleep well at all last night, and he hasn't slept much today either so both me and baby are tired and grumpy.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 12:19 PM on May. 12, 2011

• this is completely normal. The best thing you can do is have him taken care of by someone you trust while you go and get some you time.
    Jaliceawrites

Answer by Jaliceawrites at 12:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• youre not alone. i have a 2 month old also and i hate feeling frustrated with him, but it happens to all of us and in no way does it make you any less of a mom. deep breaths, hang in there girl!
    flamingomegs

Answer by flamingomegs at 1:53 PM on May. 12, 2011

• You are not alone and that 10% is going to come and go all your parenting days. My kids are almost 9 and 6 1/2. 90% of the time I am all in, love being with them and helping them grow into the fascinating folks they really are. Then there's the other 10% of the time. . . . .

If you can, find something to do for JUST you. Have Dad take over solo for a bit and just get out of the house - get a coffee with friends, get your nails done, just walk, take a hot, uninterrupted shower or a nap - anything. Mom's need 'me-time' from time to time to recharge. We all do. Really. Heck, I'm a Girl Scout leader and tonight my co-leader and I are going to an leadership meeting even though we have all they are handing out just so we can get out of the house for a few hours. LOL!
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• *~*~*~*~*~*~ DO NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT NOT FEEL GUILTY!!!!!!! ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I PROMISE YOU THAT ALLLLL OF US HAVE FELT THIS WAY!!! I have 3 kids, my youngest is 5 months. She was colicky, fussy, couldn't poop, had gastritis, and anal stenosis. I went back to work when she was 12 days old and took her with me til she was 9 weeks. OMG I thought I was going to D-I-E. I had to constantly carry her, she wouldn't sleep, etc. I was frustrated, cried at night, and felt like a complete and utter FAILURE as a mother b/c I couldn't make her happy. I kept saying something was wrong w/ her belly and FINALLY got an appt w/ a pediatric gastro here in VA. Turns out she was sensitive to milk and soy. $57/can of formula later, she's angelic. Except she still doesn't sleep through the night b/c the formula is thin so it's easily digestible. Anyway, even after 3 kids I still get that feeling that I'm the only one w/ these feelings. WE'RE NOT!
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 2:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• You shouldnt fell guilty i think everyone gets down, but i have my child 24-7 7 days a week n my husbands always gone n my son is so mean. lol.. but you just need to drop him off with your parents or your hubbys parents n go get your nails done or your toes very relaxing n at least you will get away for a couple hours.. good luck..
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 4:04 PM on May. 12, 2011