HOW TO SURVIVE A GENTLEMAN WHO TRAVELS FOR HIS JOB ?

HE IS AN ELECTRICAL FIELD SERVICE ENGNEER

chreebear

Asked by chreebear at 11:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I would think it would be like a woman whose guy is deployed or one whose guy drives a truck long distance or works off shore for long periods of time. You check his schedule and enjoy him when he is home and anxiously anticipate his return. While he's gone you can make some plans for when he gets back. meanwhile email him and call him and worship him from afar. Ok that might be a bit much but my marriage lasted longer than it should have because he was gone a lot! I liked it though. I don't do well with men underfoot all the time. I need breaks.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My hubby is gone 4 days out of the week. The hard part is I don't get the help (with the kids) when he's not here so I get burned out much quicker.
    The upside is that when he is home, it's for 3 days straight so the kids have him all to themselves, and my hubby is able to relax and do what he needs to do.

I am not sure what tips you need, but email me if you want.

I try not to plan his days off for him. I try to have the house clean, and if he asks "what can I do?" I have one or 2 things I might want him to help me with. It's hard on him being gone part of the week overnight, so I let him do things his way while he's here.

When he's gone, his desk is spotless. while he's here, it's a mess. i deal with it LOL
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 12:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• For me,its easier now than at the beginning. My husband is a truck driver. He is gone more often than not, but, I work also,which helps pass the time.I really enjoy my job and my husband enjoys his.find something for you that will make you happy instead of dwelling on them being gone. Part time job,a hobby, just something to pass your time.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2008