Here's the first item on your Christmas list. Who's buying?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42996803/ns/business-small_business/?gt1=43001

Navy SEALs have become national heroes since news broke that they took down Osama bin Laden, so it’s fitting that the newest action figure from a Connecticut company is a fierce-looking President Barack Obama as a SEAL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• That's the scariest thing I think I have ever seen.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• That just offends me. The idiot would likely injure himself with an UNloaded weapon ... and he has NEVER taken a military oath or served as a soldier. It's just plain disrespectful :-(

Tell me again there aren't fools that worship him ... that they don't truly believe he piddles rainbows and poops Skittles ... and I'll be the one screaming LIAR today lol.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Sorry CHarlan. Bush EARNED that uniform. The man was trained on, and flew, one of the most ungainly and dangerous planes our country has ever used. He logged in more hours than his training/duty schedule required, and he did it well. He had NO control over which squadrons were sent where and those hours have been verified by military records (that are publicly available) as well as fellow soldiers.

Whether or not he got out early, he did serve, and he did it well. Unlike some CinCs, he knows, understands, and genuinely LIKES and RESPECTS our military and the men/women who serve. I didn't like roughly 50% of what he did, but as a military spouse and mom, I absolutely couldn't have picked a better CinC ... and he was definitely at the top of the ladder Kerry (who blew up his own arse to get one of those PHs) was leaning on.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:51 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I suppose it is "made in China" too.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I've seen several military/former military posting on fb about this today - they are not amused in the slightest and consider it horribly disrespectful.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Actually minne, when Bush announced that, the mission was accomplished. Take out Saddam and his military. No one had thought about that 'exit strategy' ~ that's a given, but when we went into Iraq, the 'mission' was to remove Saddam, disable his military, and neuter all of the weapons depots/manufacturing. The first two were done, and the third was very doable.

All of it would have been done sooner, particularly getting our troops out of there, if the military had simply disabled the insurgents when it started. In Fallujah. We had the city surrounded by wire AND troops. We should have marched the women/children out, and leveled the place ~ and announced to the entire country that any city/town/hamlet/shack in the middle of nowhere harboring an insurgent would have the same thing happen. One city would have spared hundreds of our soldiers lives. Some people here were more worried about the enemy than our troops. That's sad.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I just threw up a little in my mouth! HOW can they disrespect our military in such a blantant, repulsive way?
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:17 PM on May. 12, 2011

• That is one item that won't be on my list this Christmas. I find it ironic considering Obama never served.  I can see why some would find it disrespectful (to the seals).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:35 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I wonder why they didn't make a Bush action figure when he "accomplished the mission" ~ CHarlan

Because even though Bush actually TOOK that oath and served (and he did more than his share in spite of the media lies, don't get me started because I'll teach people something about cutting and pasting the proof!), Bush would NEVER disrespect or make light of any soldier's duty, service, or commitment the way this piece of crap does.

Bush would have forbidden anyone to use his image in such a manner and stood up in front of every news outlet to publicly denounce anyone who put something so tacky out on the market.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:20 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Can Obama even pronounce Navy Seals?

Not without his teleprompter he can't!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:30 PM on May. 12, 2011