Are little boys harder to care for then girls

My baby turns 2yrs old next month and it seems like he is much more busier and just hard to keep up with....I asked my best friend how come she didn't warn me that @ 23 months old that toddlers tend to show their behind, she said that she never had that problem because she has a little girl....but I remember when I was pregnant how everyone that I came in contact with that knew I was expecting (a little boy) told me that I was lucky because little girls are harder....I don't know I'm starting to think otherwise...lol

marchelle26

Asked by marchelle26 at 12:42 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is lol!~
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My boy was easier as a baby . . . much more mello . . . but as a toddler . . WATCH OUT! He is like a crazy motor . . .running, banging things, breaking things . . . . .I think they flip-flop.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have both and they both come with advantages. i do think little boys can be more rambunctious depending on the boy though. My boys and grandsons were all hyper, minus my now 11 yr old who was calm. My dds have all been easy as toddlers but harder as they get older and into fashion and looks.

Answer by gemgem at 12:50 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It totally depends on the kid. My little boy is not a hyper little daredevil - he's very gentle, happy and patient for a toddler (compared to other kids his age). I actually know a number of little girls and boys about his age who are MUCH more of a handful - sweet things, but always on the go and very opinionated. Each KID is different, and steriotypes usually don't seem to fit individuals.

I think the best advice I heard about this came from our pediatrician - sure it's hard sometimes to keep up and parent right, but in the long run it's a good thing that he isn't boring. Enjoy!!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 12:53 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I am right there with you. My dd who is now 7 was the easiest, carefree little girl ever. Boy was I ever shocked when my ds who is 19 mo old was high maintanence since day 1. He has to always be on the go, and he is a little tornado around the house. I am exhausted by 6pm!!!! Everyday!!!
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 12:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think it has much more to do with the child's personality than its gender.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:57 PM on May. 12, 2011

• They're all little monkeys if you ask me.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 12:57 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Boys are harder as little boy but girls are more drama in teenage years.
    I've had two girls and one boy.

SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 12:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have two boys and they were both mellow, calm toddlers (infancy was another story as they both had colic). My sister's girls tired me out a lot more than my boys, I think because they were not only rambunctious but everything was drama, even at 2.
    Now teen years are another story, my 17 year old has caused me a lot more worry and stress than I think a girl would have.
    justlurking

Answer by justlurking at 1:04 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes - 1 million times harder!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:59 PM on May. 12, 2011