OMG...I must have issues

Ok, in high school, my friend's big brother made some remark to the effect that I wasn't cute enough for him. He was Mr. Popular in high school...you know the saying "All the guys wanted to be him, all the girls wanted to be with him" so I was devastated by this comment and felt really awkward around him after that.

So flash forward 10+ years...My SO and I just decided to order a pizza. Mr. Popular older brother is going to be delivering it. So what do I do? Get cute (as cute as you get at 8 months pregnant anyway)...pick up my front room, make my SO take the trash out and I get the kids in their cute matching pjs. HOW RIDICULOUS IS THAT!!! I mean for the love of god he is 30 years old and delivering my pizza. In my juvenile head I'm thinking "I AM TOO CUTE" and wanting to rub his nose in the fact that things are good for me. Anybody else do anything this stupid?!

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think the fact that he's 30 years old and delivering pizza to YOUR house, where your lovely husband and wonderful should be sufficient! But if you want to primp up and make him feel the looser he is go right on mama!!
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I was in the hospital for some minor surgery one year. The person who came and got me from my room was a guy I knew in High school. Back then he was kinda ugly I thought. When I met him in the hospital he was actually nice looking. And I was embarressed

Answer by louise2 at 6:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Yea I use to do the whole "dress up really cute" and show them what they can't have mostly to me ex's in younger years. I never had someone say that to me besided in 5th grade this guy called me fat then when I was 16 he asked me out and I declined. I think you should just be yourself...After all he's delivering pizza. I'm sure not everyone wants to be or be with him now. I like for people to see the real me even without the make up and all that. It doesn't matter, the only person I care about is my DH and what he thinks. I dress up to impress him and only him. Good luck. :)
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Slinkee I think the fact that he's 30 years old and delivering pizza to YOUR house, where your lovely husband and wonderful should be sufficient! But if you want to primp up and make him feel the looser he is go right on mama!!

Ditto!

Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Lol...thanks...now I don't feel quite as silly. He just left...after making this post I knew how I was acting was foolish, but it still felt good...lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008