Have you ever been fired from a job?

If so, why?

ABeaverhausen

Asked by ABeaverhausen at 12:54 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• Never.

Answer by older at 12:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yup....I used to work at Gottschalks Department Store but was having some SERIOUS trouble with transportation at the time and couldnt always get to work on time...so yeah eventually they fired me lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Never! I was a valued assets, but I said screw employers, i'm working for myself now lol!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 12:57 PM on May. 12, 2011

• When I was younger, I wanted to hang out more than work, so they let me go. It was my second job.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 12:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yup. I was a bank teller. They kept telling me I needed to be faster, but every time I tried quality suffered. They fired me because my over and short accounts added up to like $700, and then a guy came in with a phony check and I was in such a hurry I didn't catch it. I have never held it against them, honestly, if I had been them I'd have fired me long before they did lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• OMG, don't get me started. yes i have once. I was working in a Nursing Home and there was someone that was dying that i was really close to, i wrote on FB that i hate when i lose people i love. well someone turned me in and they said that i violated resident and faculity confidentiality, i argues with them because i never put a name or anything. I could've been talking about my Grandma for all the knew. I am still really bitter over it and it doesn't help that it doesn't look good on a job app;ication and now noobody seems to want to hire me. and i really need a job. maybe i should just start lying. lol
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 12:58 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I was fired once, because I snapped on one of the shift leaders... Found out about a week later that I was pregnant... LOL Explains the attitude :)
    CeeCee333

Answer by CeeCee333 at 1:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Only once. I was a pizza delivery driver and the manager was stealing and staging fake break ins, so I reported her to her boss. Before he decided to fire her, she fired me. She had her friend call and fire me because she was to chicken to call me herself.

A couple of weeks later she was called into the office by her boss to be fired. She made a HUGE scene, screaming and throwing things. She even hit him. The police were called and she was charged with assault and with theft.

And I got my job back with in a week.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Nope, never.. I've only had four obs in my life. A lady I work with started here when she was 16 and now, is in her 30's.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 1:02 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Ohhhhh yes. Back when I was 17/18 I worked at Walmart. When I turned 18 I started going to bars a lot and would just neglect work. I didn't need the money (I was still living with my parents) so I didn't really care.
    I worked at Toys R Us for a year in 09/10, and ended up fired from there too. There was a lot of drama happening and basically I had found myself in the middle of it, unintentionally. They were firing a lot of people - actually, giving them the option to quit or be fired - right after they let me go - I just wish I had been given such an option, because I would've quit in a heartbeat - I'd been looking for a new job anyway!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:06 PM on May. 12, 2011