Did anyone have a large family and...

regretted it? This is for those moms whose kids r older or fully grow. I'm not implying regretting your kids just if you could look into the future than would you still have a large family??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I am wondering if I will regret only having 1 but can't imagine having 2, 3, 4 or more either - I think in some aspects we always "wonder" which can come across as regret in our minds when it comes to making the right or wrong choices
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have 5, and never have regretted it. My kids are 21, 19, 17, 11, and 6 now. I always wanted a large family and my only reason regret was not having more.

Answer by gemgem at 1:09 PM on May. 12, 2011

• What do you consider large? I have three, my first two from my first marriage and #3 a complete surprise and blessing (I'm 43) from my second marriage.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:23 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have 5, and they are still young (13, 11, 9, 2, and 10 months). I don't regret having any one of them. I grew up in a family of 5 kids and I loved it! I am still close to my brothers and sister and know that they will be there for me after my parents are gone.

Answer by missanc at 1:47 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My 5 are still young (10, 9, 8, 5 and 10 months) but I can't see regretting it when they are older. Maybe I will when I have 3 teenagers and 1 preteen in the house, lol. I'm a bit terrified to even consider what life will be like with the older 3 in high school.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:29 PM on May. 12, 2011