How would you handle it?

You are trying to decide whether to save several towns or farmland from flooding. Would you save the towns or the farmland?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The farmland. Housing can be instand ~ food takes time to grow whether it is crops or meat. If there is enough pollution in the water, it will be years before any food grows there again. In this situation, the food is more important that anyone's "stuff". That is why we all get rooked into this insurance thing, why we have FEMA and the Red Cross, etc. It comes down to a simple Star Trek Spockism ... the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

At least the people in the town have some warning. They can take what is truly important with them and replace the rest later. All of the buildings should be insured, either by the owners or the landlords. Food is another matter ~ even if you have insurance, you can't just magically replace it.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:11 PM on May. 12, 2011

• When the town is dying and mostly vacant and has been for 30 years, save the farm.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:05 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Sorry to say I would flood the town.... the condition the town is already in pushes my answer to that.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 2:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Id go 50/50

Answer by gemgem at 1:04 PM on May. 12, 2011

• What's the population of the town and what's the crop and how much? If the people could be evacuated I would say the farm. Farmlands have a mess of chemicals that would end up in the water and the people would get new homes. Either way insurance can pay up and I love to see insurance pay up, as long as noone is hurt.
    CHarlan

Answer by CHarlan at 1:23 PM on May. 12, 2011

• If the farmland flooding would destroy an amount of the world's food supply enough to raise the cost of food by even a few cents, then I would flood the town.

A state has the means to evacuate a town, they don't have the means to save starving people in 3rd world countries that can no longer afford food.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 1:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Neither, In my opinion that's in gods hands. No one should be able to go to court to save one over another.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I'm gonna say farmland since i live on a farm.
    littlekitty2002

Answer by littlekitty2002 at 1:03 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Towns.
    chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 1:05 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Not enough data to say here.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:07 PM on May. 12, 2011