What kind of juice do you buy your kids?

I WAS buying gerber infant juice for my 7 month old...but figured its too pricey for that little bottle PLUS he doesnt drink all that much..he's just beginning to train on the cup.
I buy Old Orchard Organic Juice for my toddler and I pour half into another container and fill it up the rest of the way with water..so I've been giving that to my infant too...just adding even more water to it. Think thats okay?
My 11 year old..i WAS just buying him huge bottles of different flavors of Hawaiin punch but after learning all about artificial coloring and its relation to adhd and other crap..Ive been buying him Ocean Spray juices.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 1:03 PM on May. 12, 2011 in General Parenting

• I buy the same Organic Ones as you do :)
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:05 PM on May. 12, 2011

• None. Juice is a real treat in our house. Our ped told me that it is basically sugar water and not necessary. It is expensive and we just don't drink it. My kids drink mostly water and milk.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Mine is 4 and I still don't allow her to have juice...she drinks either water or milk but once I start giving her juice (maybe around 5 or 6) I plan on giving her organic apple juice =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Organic 100% juice is what I buy. I give my little ones 1/2 juice 1/2 water.
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 1:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• If I buy a jug I get Mott's for Tots or Juicy Juice. I also buy Kirkland's juice boxes sometimes to keep in the fridge for a quick grab.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:10 PM on May. 12, 2011

• mine only drink orange and apple juices
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:12 PM on May. 12, 2011

• We dont buy juice either. It is milk or water at our house. Occasionally they get juice or sugar free koolaid but not very often.
    outlikealamb

Answer by outlikealamb at 1:12 PM on May. 12, 2011

• THE ONE I LIKE ARE THE V8 BUT ANY JUICE I GET I DELUTE
    COZYBLANKIES

Answer by COZYBLANKIES at 1:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My three year old will drink nothing but Sunrype. He's not picky about flavors, but he knows what the bottle looks like and he likes the juice to be orange in color - lots of the juices are orange, because of the mix of flavors. They don't cost a lot and I like them too, so I always buy some when I know he's coming over (he lives with his dad) and I don't mind if he doesn't touch it because I'll finish it!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I like to buy my daughter the Fruitable juice boxes to go with her snack at school.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 1:25 PM on May. 12, 2011