What if you have issues with your daycare provider?

I realize if you have an issue with a teacher you can go to the director...but what if your issue is with the director/owner? (Waiting for someone to tell me to get a new daycare, LOL.)

1smartcookie

Asked by 1smartcookie at 1:21 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• follow your instincts. ofcourse she was nice she is losing your business and alot of times daycares are recommended by word of month so if there some bad vibes she knows you wouldn;t recommend the daycare to others. do what is best for you and your child.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• lol ur right get a new daycare.
    angelrach86

Answer by angelrach86 at 1:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think that the owner of the daycare i go to is a little rude. she makes these comments sometimes but she treats the children great. It is also the best daycare in town so I think i will have to just endure her bitchiness for another couple of months until my son goes to kindergarten.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• hit the road jack =)
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 1:45 PM on May. 12, 2011

• hmmm you tell her you are leaving and she becomes nice? Sounds like there was possibly a personality issue with ED and child if she is so pleased you are leaving. OR now she's trying to keep you... either way sounds like you'd be better off somewhere else.
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 1:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I take it you have discussed the problem with the daycare owner? That is step 1.

Not knowing the nature of the problem, it's hard to advise. Finding another daycare may be the problem. Or it may be that the daycare director actually IS correct and you are not... but no way to say here with what's been provided.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• LOL angelrach86 - you win the prize!
    1smartcookie

Comment by 1smartcookie (original poster) at 1:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My dcp is rude to me but seems to treat the children fine. It just irks me that she completely ignores me and/or makes weird comments about my son...I dunno, she just rubs me the wrong way. Yesterday I gave our notice that we're pulling him out and go figure, this morning she was the nicest she's been to me since we started!
    1smartcookie

Comment by 1smartcookie (original poster) at 1:31 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I agree...yeah, maybe she's glad we're leaving! LOL whatever, I'm just happy that we're outta there in a few weeks!
    1smartcookie

Comment by 1smartcookie (original poster) at 2:09 PM on May. 12, 2011