Globesity? Are overweight people part of the climate change problem...

Have you heard the accusations that the lifestyle choices of obese people are a large part of the climate change problem?  As I read about the various theories of Climate Change~ I came across several reports, articles, etc and even the WHO's Globesity Report( Feb 2001). Basically stating that the lifestyle that leads to obesity is hurting not only the health of humans globally, but also the environment.

In your opinion~Is Obesity a government problem or a personal problem?  

Soooooo~ Those who are overweight and believe in the human responsibility for climate change~ what are you, personally, doing to make the world a better place? 

Were you aware that many, across the world, see as your obesity as part of the climate change problem?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 1:26 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Only if we all eat beans on the same day

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

Funny....  But doesn't really address the discussion... Apparently, some Scientists and even those aligned with the WHO have made many accusations that obese people and their poor choices are hurting the environment....

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I heard one audio news report in Europe that called obese climate change supporters~ hypocrites....

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:33 PM on May. 12, 2011

• This is going to be a tough sell to the CM crowd since a lot people don't even believe we are contributing to climate change period.

I don't think obesity is a governmental issue but certainly a cultural problem as well as a personal problem.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:35 PM on May. 12, 2011

• globesity....that's just funny....

I think it's a personal problem. But, it pisses me off that because some people won't care for their health, we have to pay for their health care. Doesn't everything contribute to climate change these days? We can hardly breath without someone saying it's bad for the environment. I think if anyone studies something long enough, they will find information to back up their claim. It's just a hypothesis....not enough to convince me.

I would like to say that education might help people, but would it really? People want to eat what they want to eat....most were raised to eat that way. My friends mother is obese & is on assistance....it really irks me that our tax dollars are paying for her health care because she chooses to eat like shit.
    Anonymous

• "My friends mother is obese & is on assistance....it really irks me that our tax dollars are paying for her health care because she chooses to eat like shit"

AMEN
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 1:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• The article doesn't seem to blame obsese people for climate change, just say that the same issues affecting climate change are also leading to obesity, and there is some truth to that.

If everyone ate more beans, there would be less obesity :) Beans are awesome!
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 1:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Obesity is a personal problem. How in the world did climate force them to open their mouth and shove food on in?
    Anonymous

• Superchicken I like beans, but I live with dh who also likes beans. One day with him after one serving of beans and you may not find them so awesome.
    Anonymous

It makes you wonder about our government and culture when they receive government $ for food and buy crap, then they receive assistance for healthcare... It's a vicious circle... With the root evil being a lack of personal responsibility.  Many bureaucrats preach a better environment, and preach for more assistance.... Could there be a link between junk food, climate change, and poor choices made with government assistance money?  

grlygrlz2

Comment by grlygrlz2 (original poster) at 1:48 PM on May. 12, 2011