Age in Weeks or Months?

Ok When my son was around 2 Months old I stoped telling his age in weeks, but there are people out there with 2year olds still saying thier childs age in weeks leaving people that ask confused as they try to figure out the age, which do you agree with?

georgesmommy31

Asked by georgesmommy31 at 11:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I stopped using weeks around the 2 month mark, too. Months...usually around 20 months. Then I'd start saying "almost 2" unless I was talking to another mom with a kid the same age because they will probably understand. Now that she is 2 I just say she is 2.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:12 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• My DD is "not quite 2"!

Like you, I used weeks for the first couple of months. After that, most people can't easily convert 17 weeks into 4 months in their heads while still holding a conversation!

At about 16/17 months, I switched to "not quite a year and a half" and later to "just over a year and a half". If a fellow mom was asking, I would still use the months up to 2 years old. Over 24 months, it just starts to sound odd and, again, most people can't convert 30 months in 2 1/2 quickly while still talking.

I don't know when most people drop the "half" and just say their child is 9.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2008

• do whatever is easiest for you.
    jazzymimi

Answer by jazzymimi at 2:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Do whatever you want. With my son we stopped using weeks around that same time as well, though sometimes I'd have a random person say "Well, what's that in weeks?" lol.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:57 AM on Jul. 11, 2008