Spring Tie Out Leash

I have a tie out leash and the one side has a spring. I don't have any instructions with it. I'm trying to figure out if the spring side is for the dog or the post. I've tried googling, but I can't find the answer. I was hoping that someone with this type of tie out leash would be able to tell me.

Does the side with the spring get attached to the dog Or does it get attached to the post?

SAHMinIL2

Asked by SAHMinIL2 at 1:42 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Pets

• To the post. I hope you plan on supervising your dog though. Those things can come out of the ground very easily.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:05 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Thanks- Yep I could see the dog the whole time even though I was 2 doors down at my neighbors. I can't go to my neighbors without him wanting to go with. I can't leave him in the house because he has busted out the windows. He only acts this way when we leave the house via "foot". If I was to drive he was fine, but I'm not about to drive to my neighbors that is only 2 doors down--especially with the cost of gas. He did fine...just sat down and bark at us once he realized he wasn't going anywhere.
    SAHMinIL2

Comment by SAHMinIL2 (original poster) at 4:08 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I think it is the post
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:43 PM on May. 12, 2011