If I had $500 to blow......

The local news station showcases cul-de-sacs that put up elaborate decorations for Christmas. The other day one man was bragging that his electric bill last year was over $500. Now, I realize it isn't my place to say how people should spend the money they earn (so please save it if you feel the need to remind me), however, it just seems to me that in this economy with so many food banks on empty that anyone with that sort of cash could be putting it to better use than Christmas lights.

If you had a spare $500 this month, what would you do?

PROGENITOR

Asked by PROGENITOR at 6:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Id go shopping
    Anonymous

• Go on a long awaited mini vacation to anywhere I can drive to.
    Cindrella72

Answer by Cindrella72 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I wish its was NOT normal for my electric bill to be 500 dollars.
    Anonymous

• Buy new clothes for work because I have gained too much weight and don't fit into anything anymore. My clothes are so tight I look like a fat hoochie mama going into work with my now ghetto booty pants!!!
    goinginsane1

Answer by goinginsane1 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Our light bill is pretty high too over the holidays because we also decorate for the kids. Its awesome. We kinda count that in with the holiday expenses though. This year we did tone down but for those that dont need to, more power to them. If I had $500 to spare I would probably take the kids somewhere to buy a new game system &game each, have a nice dinner, and thats about it.

Answer by gemgem at 6:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I would love to say I would give it someone more needy than me, but alas I am a selfish bitch LOL :). I would probably spend it on my kids.
    Anonymous

• Pay $500 more to my car payment. That I still owe a lot of money on

Answer by louise2 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I know what I would NOT do. Thats donate it or give to the needy. Not this year. Id need that money myself and its so sad because most of the time I do give to the needy, as does the rest of my family but not THIS time. We have to be selfish and think of overselves. The economy sucks, taxes are going to go up, 401ks are suffering, and just blah. I hope things get better but I dont see it happening.
    Anonymous

• I'm boring...I would put in in savings. Blah.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Even though I could really use it myself, my sister needs it more. I would give it to her so she could give her kiddos a better Christmas.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 6:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2008