Went to visit the daycare i used to work at...

and while i was there they were having rug time...well my son wasn't there when they started doing this so his first reaction was to grab a toy and play..they kinda were like hello we are doing rug time towards me. I tried to get my son to set down but it turned into a fit. I felt horrible and like my kid was the biggest brat at the moment. I wanted to hide. I only came b/c i had to have some paperwork filled out by my old boss. Ever been in a situation like this? We left about as quick as we got there but it just makes me feel like i can't bring my son there b/c he isn't part of their routine yet they tell me to bring him to visit. It was just frustrating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If its not something he's used to...that may be why he acted that way.Those other children are in the routine that the daycare staff has guided them into being..PLUS thier mommies werent there,lol...Kids act different in those kinds of settings when mommy is around.Dont feel bad! Your child isnt a brat..hes just a toddler :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:02 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Well, they should understand that he isn't used to their routine. They should know this if they ever have new kids come in! I have been in something similar. Like sometimes when I take my DD to go see someone or my old work she throws fits and its embarrassing and I'm like omg she is better than this! haha....it really sucks bc they all say the same thing "bring you DD! i want to see her!" Then that happens...ugh.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 2:03 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It was most likely because you were there. Kids listen to others much better when mom isn't around. In the future plan on just stop and go visiting.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:06 PM on May. 12, 2011