Fillings while pregnant

i have a few cavities that right now they dont hurt but do need to be filled im 17wks pregnant i got a letter from my ob office that tells the dentist its okay but is it really? This is my first baby and i dont want anything bad to happen but while i have this insurence dentist visits are free i even went so far as to schedule my dentist visit before my u/s so i know my baby is okay after the fillings please someone reassure me :-( is the numbing medication okay? Will any of this hurt my baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• *sigh* I had just hit "post" on my long answer on your other questions...Anyway. The bad thing about fillings while pregnant is they can't x-ray, so they don't know exactly how bad/deep the cavities are - so they'd be filling them rather blindly, and could miss something that would fester & keep rotting inside, and be a bigger problem. So even though yes, they need to be taken care of, you'd be better off waiting til baby is born so that you can have x-rays so that they get filled properly.
    Anonymous

• i got fillings when I was pregnant, and they do x-ray. They just put a led matt over your chest and belly so baby gets no radiation. My baby turned out perfect.
    amberpatterson

Answer by amberpatterson at 2:26 PM on May. 12, 2011

• thanks
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:06 AM on May. 13, 2011