If i get a blood sample...

will i be able to see if they've been doing drugs, smoking or drinking? tx!

Liz4Life

Asked by Liz4Life at 2:26 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Health

• Not unless you have access to a lab and all the proper equipment needed to do the testing and you need more than a drop of blood. You would need atleast a vial of blood.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2011

• A blood sample is a vial of blood. They can tell all those things by the blood.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:34 PM on May. 12, 2011

• if they test you for it... but they will draw a vial.... they won't test you unless they have a reason to do so
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Nope. I'm a Brain Injury nurse and I tox screen alllllll the time b/c I have so many patients on opiates. If you are the PARENT/GUARDIAN of a MINOR child, you can ask the PCP to tox screen him/her. There are OTC screens, but I'm not sure how reliable they are.
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 4:16 PM on May. 12, 2011

• not unless you have been doing drugs and then its a screw up on your part.
    CristaJordan

Answer by CristaJordan at 3:12 PM on May. 13, 2011