Working moms.........

Who brings in more income? Anybody out there the biggest breadwinner? Does your spouse get annoyed by this?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:26 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• I am the bread winner. My SO unfortunately had a back injury caused at work. He went on workmans comp. 3 days before he was scheduled to go back to work (which he reminded his boss numberous times JUST IN CASE) he was told that they didnt have work for him at the the time because he hired someone else. I tried to explain to him that this wasnt legal but he was stubborn and hated his boss so much to begin with that he just took his tools and left. Now he just does side jobs whenever he can until he finds work full time, which is near impossible in our area. He's not annoyed but he does get a little upset time to time because he feels bad that I have to leave for work all the time instead of staying home with our baby. The original plan was for me to work 3 or 4 days a week, but financially, it's not possible. I think sometimes he gets irritated because he feels as a man, its his duty to take care of his family but I dont mind.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It's about even in my house. I used to bring in more than DH though and it really bothered him.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 2:27 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Right now he does, but in the past I was. It did bother him a bit. Not a lot, but he really wanted to be the breadwinner. It didn't bother me at all, because I wasn't the sole breadwinner, he still worked. So I didn't have all the pressure of supplying all the income for our family.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 2:28 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My husband and I make the same hourly however he makes more since he has the opportunity to work more - I don't either of us care as long as we are just doing the best we can for our family.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My XH was intimidated that I made more money than he did. In the end, between his insecurity over money and his cheating, we divorced.

My SO (married in June) makes a TON more than I do. i could care less.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:29 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Our salaries are almost the same. Now, he earns more, but for years, I earned more. It has never bothered either of us; the money all goes to the same place, regardless of who is earning it.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I make more money gross than he does, but I cover the insurance and copayments and such, so his check tends to be bigger. It does bother him, but it seems to bother his mother more. I personally don't care either way because there was a time when he made more than me.
    Patti_Mayo

Answer by Patti_Mayo at 2:34 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I bring in more money, but he doesn't care, it all goes to the same place, so there is no worries
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have the capabilities to make more but since I refuse to work full time he makes more.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It varies

Answer by rkoloms at 8:07 PM on May. 12, 2011