Just curious........

are there THAT many people out there that own 20 year old cars and live literally paycheck to paycheck and no savings?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:28 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Money & Work

• not sure how old our van is, but it looks pretty ruff, but still usable and that is all that matters lol. But then we have a car a neighbor just gave us she said it needed to much work, but dh got it running for like 1,000.00 I forget what it is, but it is a 99 I think. And in nice shape. We live paycheck to paycheck with no savings. I told him we need to start keeping money behind though for emergencies for if kids need to go to drs or for meds if needed cause he gets paid on friday we pay what bills needed that week on friday. Then on friday we go grocery shopping or get anything else that is needed then we have no mooney by saturday.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 6:12 PM on May. 12, 2011

• amber mom40, child support is generally calculated based on both parent's income and the number of children so a parent getting child support isn't really just money hungry, unless she is doing something wrong (like lying about income or something) she is just getting what she is owed to help support her family..
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:48 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have a brand new Toyota Camry and yes I live pay check to paycheck it totally sucks but I did it to myself and only I can get out of it................way to much month at the end of the money
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• of course , maybe not 20 year old car probly none at all
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Yes there are.
    Anonymous

• well we do too but our is going to a ex that is so money hungry..all for any parent to pay or help support their children
    amber_mom40

Answer by amber_mom40 at 2:31 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i have an 11 yr old car and i live pay check to pay check
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 2:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have a 14yr old car, i want to trade so bad, but yes I'm living paycheck to paycheck, just came back to work from maternity leave and pay daycare for a baby and aftercare for my oldest child.
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:00 PM on May. 12, 2011

• We have a 14 year old car, but we don't live paycheck to paycheck.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:02 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Before it broke down we had a 16yo car and we live paycheck to paycheck.
    I would LOVE to be naive enough to ask this question. It would mean I wasn't scraping around to pay my bills., which are only the barest of necessities.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 3:10 PM on May. 12, 2011