Good Grief!!!!

So I've been keeping a secret from you all.....DH stutters....not often but when he does..wooo lordy! lol

He called me just now just to see how I'm doing (he calls a couple of times a day to see how my day is going) and he was stuttering SO FREAKING BAD that it was painful for ME lol...I just wanted to get off the freaking phone!

Does anyone else go through this?? I can't stand to hear him talk when he's stuttering like that! lol..I know I sound like a bitch but good grief! spit it out already! lol

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 2:35 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Just for Fun

• omg-lol! ..just one of those 'for better, for worse' things..ain't no biggie, OP. if you didn't love him, you wouldn't have married him. stutter and all! i'm sure you're not perfect..... :)).
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• If it bothers you can you imagine how much it bothers him?
    Anonymous

• he was anxious about something today... stuttering is worse if there is pressure somewhere.... did he mentiona stressor from work?
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 2:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Aww lucky I hope you don't think I was being mean with my "if it bothers you imagine" response. I was just hoping a reverse look would help. I married dh even though his farts smell like a sewage plant.
    Anonymous

• Maybe there is some speech therapy he could have? An inlaw I knew used to stutter and he got speech therapy. Ask your family doctor or call to get information.
    It doesn't have to be permanent. He would be so much happier if he could be helped by a speech therapist.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• lol. that wouldn't bother me!!
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 3:01 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I stutter too but mine is not bad and not that often and my husband will just giggle about it which makes me laugh. To me its not a big deal. He may have a lot on his mind at the time or in a hurry, I know thats when mine will kick in..
    Kats86

Answer by Kats86 at 3:04 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Poor guy! At least you're not rude to him.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 4:12 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I stutter when I get distracted. I know it can be a bitch to listen to but I can't help it.

Just tell him to concentrate on what he's saying. That makes it easier on me sometimes.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:17 PM on May. 12, 2011

• :( that sucks for him and you :(

i have a really good friend who stutters. im very patient with him.
    i sometimes think no one else will listen, so its important that he says what he wants to say

maybe you should think about what causes the stuttering, i mean why does it happen more sometimes but not as much others?
    just a thought
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 7:51 PM on May. 12, 2011