Old, new, borrowed, blue?

Did you follow this on your wedding day?

I have a blue necklace that I will wear, a new corset but no clue on the rest. Don't know that it really matters anyway.

Thoughts?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:35 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• if you want a tradition wedding then i would get the old new borrow but if your just wanting something simple then i wouldnt worry about it..i mean that would be something you should decide and go with it
    amber_mom40

Answer by amber_mom40 at 2:51 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I actually had something that covered old, borrowed and blue, but then became new for me.

it was my great grandmother's cross that came over from England with her. She passed it to my grandmother, who gave it to my mother and I got to wear it on my wedding day. It has a 2 ct Topaz in the middle of it and and opal on each point.

When I went to give it back to my mother after my wedding, she gave it to me as my gift.
    Patti_Mayo

Answer by Patti_Mayo at 2:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Nope...honestly I forgot all about it lol...it was just a casual backyard wedding and that was the last thing on my mind lol...if we ever renew our vows I will probably do it though just because I didnt the first time lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:37 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Nope. I didn't do that stuff.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 2:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• no..we ran last-minute to the courthouse.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:38 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I didn't. I think I will next time since my SO wants a traditional wedding.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:39 PM on May. 12, 2011

• It makes it mean more. Something blue is a necklace ,new is the corset, Something old is maybe a pair of ear rings. Something borrowed could be a bracelet. I believe it does matter. the first year of marriage is fragile to begin with,why chance it by leaving out the traditional things?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:40 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I did, Old- grandmothers pearls, new- my shoes, borrowed - mother's earrings blue-my garter
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:40 PM on May. 12, 2011

• yes mam not that any of it helped, I am divorced now.................I borrowed my mother's pearls she got in Spain, had a blue garter, my dress was new an my veil was bought at an antique store.........ha ha go figure
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 2:50 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Something old, something new
    Something borrowed, something blue
    And a silver sixpence in her shoe!

I did have all five, but not as five separate items. My mom gave me her old pink garter. My veil was new (as were many parts of my outfit, but that is a part that I then loaned out to others). My best friend loaned me her blue garter. And one of my mom's best friends got silver sixpences for all of the daughters of their circle. I thought it was nice.
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 2:51 PM on May. 12, 2011