Does anyone live.......

in a duplex, triplex, or even apartment complex that finds some neighbors "disrepectful"..actually it's the neighbors children (most over 18). How they live is not my business, but they have LOTS of traffic coming in and out. We sit out front a lot and we are in the middle apartment, they are on the end. Their friends live in the complex next door and are always over. I came home from work yesterday and two of them from next door where just chilling in front of my apartment.........it irked me, because one of them KNOWS I don't care for him.....how would you handle it?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 2:40 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• That sucks....I called the police before on some people coming from the club at like 3'oclock in the morning and they were outside so loud i could not go back to sleep and had to get up in like 2hours and the police ask me when i called do i want to give my name, I was like no just have someone come and tell them to leave, you can try that
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:04 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I live in a duplex and the neighbors kids always used to hang over the fence into our backyard..I have no idea why they did this or why the neighbors let them but it pissed me off...I never actually got the courage to say anthing and they eventually moved out..problem solved...I'm chickenshit so I don't know what i would do but I feel your pain
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Write a anonymous letter to the rental office
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 2:44 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I live in an apartment building. I got some new neighbors awhile ago, and one of them is a teenager. I am thinking she lives with her brother or something, because there'd be no way her parents would let her do the things she does. She CONSTANTLY has friends over - always in huge groups of 8 or more, which is a lot for the size of these places. They're loud, they race up and down the halls, they yell at one another, and to top it off, they smoke pot in their apartment. Smells travel here, and the one day I was home when they were doing it, MY apartment (diagonally across the hall from theirs) just reeked of pot, as though they'd been smoking it right inside!
    I have some other neighbors that recently moved in, and they fight all the time. The other day the guy came home wasted at 5:30 am and was SCREAMING at his wife! They were doing the same last night, banging doors and stuff too.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:45 PM on May. 12, 2011

• if it bothers you go to the management and let them know that you are tired of it and they might start watching them and see what happens
    amber_mom40

Answer by amber_mom40 at 2:46 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Oh, and we have called the management office a couple different times. First, becuase the people below us keep smoking cigarettes in their apartment, and the smell comes up through the floor in the bathroom and the hallway... very strongly. They said they'd speak to them about it, but I don't think they ever did.
    We also called about the pot incident, and they said to call the police next time. And belive me... I will.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:49 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I wish I could ttk2.......these buildings are privately owned...........we complained to our landlord, but evidently he chooses to ignore it as long is that rent is getting paid..........
    Dahis

Comment by Dahis (original poster) at 2:52 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Speak to them and if that doesnt work go to the land lord about it
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Move...if your landlord ignores you and the other tenants annoy you, the only option is to move. I wouldn't pay rent at a place where I didn't feel comfortable...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:56 PM on May. 12, 2011