How to find relief in summer with hot flashes while pregnant?

i am 32 weeks pregnant and live in southern Il not too far from the KY/IL boarder. it is really humid and hot hear the last few weeks. we have ac but it doesnt work well and the fans dont really help either. the last few days we have been packing cuz we are about to move. i keep getting hot flashes and nothing seems to bring my temp down unless i take a cool shower...but 10 mins later im hot again. any ideas????

rmgriffberg

Asked by rmgriffberg at 2:51 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Pregnancy

• cool wash cloth on the back of the neck does wonders. You commonly see cooks/chefs in hot kitchens with a wet rag on the back of their neck, so it must be somewhat relieving.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 2:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• icecreamEAT ICECREAM!!!! :) You can rub ice cubes on your neck, you can strip down and walk around your house naked,lol. Take a cool shower, sit in a baby pool fulled with cool water..good luck!!!!!! I was pregnant LAST summer! UGH! Rough stuff! lol

kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:55 PM on May. 12, 2011

• when i was prego i used to get them to, but i went to walmart n bought me one of thoughs fans that have a spay bottle so i would always carry that with my lol.. might sound weird but i loved mine.. n there only a few bucks..
    manda28

Answer by manda28 at 2:56 PM on May. 12, 2011

• My mom would put a lounge chair in the lake where we lived and just lounge LOL
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 2:59 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I was pregnant last summer and it sucked! lol I would take a cool shower, then lay down naked with a cold cloth on my head in front of the ac.
    Kari727

Answer by Kari727 at 3:04 PM on May. 12, 2011