OK, WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT USING SHAKE-N-BAKE ON

White Sole fish? I have a big box of regular & extra crisp & was thinking of using the regular on it just to try. Have ya ever attempted this? I know it probably sounds weird but its just fine breadcrumbs right??? ok what do ya think??

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 3:05 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Food & Drink

• do you have panko breadcrumbs? those might be better. why not just broil the fish with a little paprika and lemon on it (put lemon on first!) or lemon slices over it? that s & b is kinda orange looking to me... but it does make stuff taste great! my kid loves to shake stuff!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 3:15 PM on May. 12, 2011

• do it! lol
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 3:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Should be fine.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 3:06 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I have never used Shake N Bake on anything but boneless pork chops and chicken breast. I don't think it's meant for fish.

It's probably not as crispy as you're going to want on fish and yes at times the bottom can get soggy. I use ALL variations (it's a staple in this household) and it just happens. As far as extra crispy goes, I also can't tell a difference between that and any other variation. The crumbs look a little big bigger, but when biting into is there is no difference.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:07 PM on May. 12, 2011

• no I don't have Panko. I think I will try half-half of lemon & seasoned & shakenbake & see, if I don't try, I won't know I guess : )
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on May. 12, 2011

• I tried it & it worked fine I used the extra crispy crumbs
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on May. 13, 2011