Why do men feel they can control you when you have a child together? My son's dad thinks he can control me.... he gets mad at my success. he even got mad i got my car repaired and was able to get a rental car. to make himself feels better he downs me....

he told me he was cutting ties with me and our son. because i want do what he wants. he said he wants to teach me a lesson....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on May. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• Success, happiness, and looking good are the best ways to get revenge. Keep up the good work, and don't ever let him get you down! :D
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 3:30 PM on May. 12, 2011

• oh wow well you need to pray about it and see how it goes but me looking from the outside in (it looks like if you dont put your foot down your marriage will go down the drain)
    KColeman90

Answer by KColeman90 at 3:12 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Get out of that relationship fast. You won't go to hell for divorce or leaving him. Thats terrible. You do NOT deserve to be treated like a dog.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 3:13 PM on May. 12, 2011

• You could try counseling if he would agree to it!  It really sounds like he is set in his ways and way over controlling.  No one deserves to be treated like that.   You deserve much better!   I never like to tell anyone to end a relationship but it sounds like if you stay you will be miserable!

RhondaJ

Answer by RhondaJ at 3:18 PM on May. 12, 2011

• That's not men, that's an a-hole. I certainly hope you are not still with this man.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:22 PM on May. 12, 2011

• i would get out of there or if yall are not together i would just cut the ties with him. but if he wants nothin gto do with yal you need to at least make him pay child support. he needs to support his child no matter what.

i have never had this problem but i know that my SO's ex (they have a daughter together) she is very controing she calls him a sperm donor n says that he could care less about their child n this and that and all she wants from us is money after we give her child support every week that she doesnt use in their child and we had to go get joint custody so he could see her bc she would never let him see their child. and then when we got joint custodt and the hoildays and birthday were split up to were we get her half the day and she gets her half the day she was like oh no she is havin 1 eveyrhting she is not having anything at your house and blah but we told her we have joint custody we can do what we want
    alw06tchs

Answer by alw06tchs at 3:41 PM on May. 12, 2011

• He's afraid of an independent woman. Do not allow him to bring you down. If he decides to leave, then open the door for him but do not allow him to bring you down...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:54 PM on May. 12, 2011

• Not all guys are like that!! Yours is an asshole and in order to make himself feel like a man, and feel all big and powerful he has to tear you down and make you feel bad. If you are still with him I would say dump him - he is not worth it! A relationship is a partnership where both people are equal, not 1 person being a dictator who controls everything in the relationship.
    I am soooo thankful that my hubs is NOT a controlling jerk, he knows I am my own person and he would never try to change me or control me.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:14 PM on May. 12, 2011

• he is going to cut ties with u and his son because you are successful? What a tool! You are so much better off without him. But I would address the cutting ties with son statement because it is not the kids fault and why should the child be punished for your success because dad has a problem with it.
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 4:24 PM on May. 12, 2011

• A person who loves you takes joy in your successes. It doesn't sound like this man is doing that. You deserve better.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:39 PM on May. 12, 2011