SO's Family Won't Accept Me!

My SO left his wife for me, we were together for a couple of years behind her back had a couple of kids, and he JUST got divorced. My question is, how do I get his family to accept me? They ALL hate me. They see nothing but the woman who wrecked his marriage, I'm just the "other" woman! How do I get them to get over themselves already and accept the fact that I'm the one in his life now???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• How long have they known about you?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 6:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Well honestly I can see why so I really don't know. I don't mean that in an offensive way but it does sound pretty bad on your part.
    Anonymous

• Been there done that..........it's not gonna happen.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 6:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• Since our first child was born.
    Anonymous

• You were the homewrecker and I think you will have to live with that. You cant make them accept you. Personally if I was in that family Id probably never speak to you. You would be a physical reminder of things I cannot stand, liars and cheaters. You made the choices you did when he was married and this is the price thats being paid. Sorry, but I dont sugar coat anything. Karma.
    Anonymous

• I have a SIL that is like you. They have been married 20 some years now and the family still doesn't except her. they put up with her but they don't except her.

Answer by louise2 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• To be honest they probably never will! That was a low thing you did! To first be with a married man for years is bad enough but to have kids with a man who is married is just plain wrong! The sad part is: Your only thinking of yourself, try putting yourself in their shoes for a second them maybe you won't be so quick to assume that they should just act like it never happend and move on!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 6:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• What you did was seriously wrong, I wouldn't exactly expect the family to be very accepting.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 6:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• First off, I honestly don't see them accepting you. I really think you need to forget about trying to get them to accept you because it will probably not happen, concentrate instead your relationship and your kids. I hope you understand that you wrecked some poor woman's life and if this man is that capable of doing this to her, you might want to watch your own back.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 6:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2008

• I hope you are very happy, and that it was all worth it. Just remember, your SO cheated on his wife with you, chances are pretty good that he'll do the same to you someday....a cheetah never changes his spots!
    Anonymous